Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilas Pastia

Well, next time I'm in NC, I'll make the trip to the Blue Ridge. That's provided my brother hasn't moved by then. We never know...

ChamberNut

Quote from: SonicMan on September 24, 2009, 03:07:17 PM

Dave!  :o  What an absolutely stunning photo!  How beautiful.  0:)

SonicMan46

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 24, 2009, 03:56:57 PM
Dave!  :o  What an absolutely stunning photo!  How beautiful.  0:)

Hi Ray - well, not one that I took -  :-\   Found on the web (also a variety of these Linn Cove Viaduct photos of various sizes and from different seasons of the year are ubiquitous when visiting mountain towns & their shops) - however, we've been on that bridge in the fall (and during other seasons) - the 'winter' pics are also just beautiful (can't find a good example on the web but again plenty are offered in the mountain shops) - if you get a chance to visit the mountains of NC & Virginia, then certainly put the the Blue Ridge Parkway on your list of drives!  Dave

Opus106

Quote from: SonicMan on September 24, 2009, 03:07:17 PM
Currently reading the October issue of Our State North Carolina magazine which contains a lot of 'fall' pics, esp. from the mountains; included was one of the Linn Cove Viaduct (shown below in glorious fall colors) - this is an engineering marvel finished in 1983 as the last segment completed of the Blue Ridge Parkway - short Wiki Article HERE:)

This 'free-floating' bridge curves around Grandfather Mountain and is a glorious (and too short) drive which I've done many times; there is also a 'Visitor's Center' w/ a presentation of the building of this structure; in addition, a mountain path takes one beneath the viaduct which gives you a great view and appreciation of its construction.  A sight not to be missed along the Blue Ridge Parkway -  :D

Drenched in colour! What a view, indeed.
Regards,
Navneeth

Papy Oli

Olivier

Haffner

Authentic 1974 Fender Stratocaster

Dreaming.....

drogulus

Quote from: AndyD. on September 25, 2009, 03:05:42 PM
Authentic 1974 Fender Stratocaster

Dreaming.....

Oh no....this is really happening! :o

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

greg

Quote from: drogulus on September 28, 2009, 01:06:23 AM

Oh no....this is really happening! :o

I wanna play that one!

SonicMan46

Continuing to watch the new Ken Burns series on the National Parks (PBS) - going more or less in chronologically order relative to the creation of the parks/monuments.  But in the second episode, Crater Lake in southern Oregon was discussed; this is just a glorious place to visit - Susan & I did probably back in the late 1980s or early 1990s - below is a brief paragraph quoted from the National Park Service Website; and finally a picture of the place found on the web - despite the evident beauty & uniqueness, a visit is a MUST!  :D

QuoteCrater Lake is located in Southern Oregon on the crest of the Cascade Mountain range, 100 miles (160 km) east of the Pacific Ocean. It lies inside a caldera, or volcanic basin, created when the 12,000 foot (3,660 meter) high Mount Mazama collapsed 7,700 years ago following a large eruption.

P.S. Click on the image for a larger view!

DavidW

I've been there twice Dave, it's pretty cool. :)

SonicMan46

Quote from: DavidW on September 30, 2009, 05:24:09 PM
I've been there twice Dave, it's pretty cool. :)

David - I could easily return - just so unique!  Plus, that trip was mainly an Oregon 'wine tour' for me - and enhanced up my interest in Pinot Noirs from that state, which I continue to enjoy 20 or so years later!  :) Dave

The Six

Opus106

That is sooo photoshopped! ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

WI Dan

Quote from: opus106 on October 01, 2009, 07:34:45 AM
That is sooo photoshopped! ;D

Thanks for spoiling the magic.   :'(   ;)

Here's what a bison looks like, after a meal of powdered sugar donuts:

Lilas Pastia

Nope. This is a FDA-trained bison who charged a colombian drug trafficker.

WI Dan

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on October 01, 2009, 05:35:06 PM
Nope. This is a FDA-trained bison who charged a colombian drug trafficker.

:D  In either case, let's hope he didn't inhale.

"Sea caves" on NE corner of Devil's Island, Apostle Islands, Lake Superior

Haven't been there, yet, but it is a kayaker's paradise.  Maybe next summer.

SonicMan46

As w/ my last post, stimulated by watching the Ken Burns series on The National Parks - tonight a lot on the Florida Everglades which Susan & I have visited many times - plenty of 'air boat' rides & eating 'swamp critters' of all sorts!  :D

On a vacation to Naples, FL (Gulf Coast) we drove down to Everglades City and visited the studio of the photographer Clyde Butcher - check HERE for information on him and his online gallery; we purchased a B&W limited edition signed print (24" x 34" unframed) of Lake Istokpoga (image below from Butcher's gallery) - hangs in our living room and a wonderful reminder of this whole beautiful area!  :)