Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolus

Good friends

John Copeland

Yes.  Heres Stéphane Denève and his band the RSNO in action in the Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow.  Yes!  Superb!  But...er...who is he conducting.  No-one is playing anything!

John Copeland

Quote from: Corey on December 26, 2009, 03:14:57 PM

The toff with the hat looks like Kimi Raikkonen, Formula One Driver.  I must say, they get younger every day...

Lilas Pastia

How totally silly to have kids posing in such stuffy attire. I much prefer the bunch of lads on the right, with their hands in their pockets, open shirts and expressive faces. The young Churchills on the left look so blasé... :P

Carolus

One of the most beautiful coins ever produced

Novi

Quote from: John on December 26, 2009, 08:31:59 PM
Yes.  Heres Stéphane Denève and his band the RSNO in action in the Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow.  Yes!  Superb!  But...er...who is he conducting.  No-one is playing anything!

He isn't; he's probably talking. :D That guy wins first prize for podium loquacity. It bugs me no end that every concert is prefaced by a disquisition. :P
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

Renfield

Quote from: Novi on December 27, 2009, 07:31:22 PM
He isn't; he's probably talking. :D That guy wins first prize for podium loquacity. It bugs me no end that every concert is prefaced by a disquisition. :P

Ha! I've only heard him twice, the Mahler 5th and the Osborne Brahms 2nd last year, but both occasions support your claim. :P

John Copeland

Quote from: Renfield on December 27, 2009, 08:33:11 PM
Ha! I've only heard him twice, the Mahler 5th and the Osborne Brahms 2nd last year, but both occasions support your claim. :P

I think Stephane is great.  A skillful and colourful conductor with a touch for the masses through his constant yapping.

Anyway. I like Brugel - unfortunately, using Brugel pics as a desktop, I spend a lot of time analysing the human antics in the pictures instead of doing important stuff....like playing online racing games, etc.

маразм1

No, I didn't go to China...

Carolus

Do you know this guy?. He's unique and irreplaceable

Andante

Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

Keemun

Quote from: John on December 29, 2009, 03:54:41 AM
Anyway. I like Brugel - unfortunately, using Brugel pics as a desktop, I spend a lot of time analysing the human antics in the pictures instead of doing important stuff....like playing online racing games, etc.

I also like Brugel.  Here is a nice winter painting, The Hunters in the Snow.
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

CD

John Copeland

???
Has to be viewed to see musical notes in action.

John Copeland

This is great.

The Six