Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dax

Quote from: Barak on December 27, 2009, 12:24:10 PM
How totally silly to have kids posing in such stuffy attire. I much prefer the bunch of lads on the right, with their hands in their pockets, open shirts and expressive faces. The young Churchills on the left look so blasé... :P

Too right.

Those of a British persuasion may recognise the Mayor of London as well as the man who would be our next Primester.

Florestan

Quote from: Dax on January 11, 2010, 02:31:02 AM
Too right.

Those of a British persuasion may recognise the Mayor of London as well as the man who would be our next Primester.

Nr. 3: Elton John :D
Nr. 7: Hugh Grant :D
Nr. 8: Mayor of London :D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Carolus

And who were the Soviet moles?

mahler10th

This is not a Soviet Mole, but a rather busy British one.   :P

Carolus

Do you know who this great pianist was?

oyasumi

mahler10th

Quote from: Carolus on January 12, 2010, 02:14:34 AM
Do you know who this great pianist was?

Yes.  He signed the photograph and his name appears as the filename.  But I had to think very hard to figure it out.   :P

Carolus

He made the second world recording of Liszt's complete Rhapsodies, and it was magnificent. (BTW, I've that photo)

SonicMan46

Banded Galloway Cows at Fearrington Village - Susan's (a.k.a. Harpo) BD is next week, and my duty in January for the last half dozen years has been to drive her to the Fearrington House (just south of Chapel Hill) for an overnight - the restaurant is one of the few 5* rated ones in North Carolina (an overnight package includes room, dinner, and breakfast) - sample dinner menu HERE.

But, as one drives into the village area (which has shops, bookstore, etc.) several corrals contain the 'banded' cows - always a wonderful site!  :D

oyasumi

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Maciek

oyasumi

маразм1

taken and enlarged from today's google news section.

XB-70 Valkyrie

Caption contest
If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

oyasumi

Carolus

Opus106

When Capt. Jean-Luc Picard just won't do.

Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth