Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: SonicMan on April 18, 2010, 02:35:49 PM
Hello Sean - at the bottom of your 'post reply' box is an option 'Additional Options' - just click on the + sign to see what is available - when done, an Attach: box will appear in which you can browse your 'hard drive' and attach a number of different types of files; total maximum (either 1 or multiple files) is 500 KB - not that big, but for photos you can easily JPEG/resize them down to the size permitted.  A couple of posts before, I 'attached' my Segway photo which was 'gigantic' on the camera, I simply cropped and downsized the photo for easy attachment - Dave  :)

Many thanks Sonic. I'll give it a go.

Sean

Sonic, I transfered a single picture onto a Word file of its own, and reduced its size in terms of height and width, but still got the no-can-do message. Any thoughts?

SonicMan46

Quote from: Sean on April 19, 2010, 06:54:37 AM
Sonic, I transfered a single picture onto a Word file of its own, and reduced its size in terms of height and width, but still got the no-can-do message. Any thoughts?

Hi Sean - sounds like you have a pic embedded in a Word file, i.e. *.doc - maybe that's the issue; do you need the image inside a Word doc file?  If not, then save as a JPEG image and attach.  If that is not an option or does still not work, you might want to drop Rob a PM?  And I'm assuming that you got the size below the limit?  Good luck - Dave

Sean

Hello again. Well I've got plenty of JPEG files on my computer here but I'm not sure how to open a blank one and tranfer an image across, assuming that's the thing to do...

Scarpia

Quote from: Sean on April 19, 2010, 07:20:08 AM
Hello again. Well I've got plenty of JPEG files on my computer here but I'm not sure how to open a blank one and tranfer an image across, assuming that's the thing to do...

You will have cut and paste the image to a program like Photoshop or Microsoft Paint and write a file.

Sean

Quote from: Scarpia on April 19, 2010, 07:31:48 AM
You will have cut and paste the image to a program like Photoshop or Microsoft Paint and write a file.

My thanks.

knight66

Sean.....no more photos of you in your underpants thank you, nor you on the 'Psycho' set surrounded by the stuffed birds!

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Sean

Quote from: knight on April 19, 2010, 07:50:31 AM
Sean.....no more photos of you in your underpants thank you, nor you on the 'Psycho' set surrounded by the stuffed birds!

Mike

Actually you've lost me on the stuffed birds- not sure I've seen the movie all through. But no, I hadn't got anything to ruffle your neat feathers too badly, just some Hindu-related stuff including pics of the present shrine I keep. The software issues aren't working for me though.

knight66

Some time ago you posted a photo of yourself which looked like Norman Bates' taxiderm display.

Anyway; as you have been posting photos for ages, why have you now experienced a problem?

Mike

Scarpia

Quote from: knight on April 19, 2010, 07:50:31 AM

Mike

Oh, what have I done! 

Okay Sean,  I have some better advice for posting those pictures.  Microsoft Windows has an excellent application for fixing up your pictures, it is called "Recycle Bin" and it should be right on your desktop.   ;D

knight66

YOU just caused a pyroclastic flow of coke down my nose....but I forgive you.

Mike

Sean

Quote from: knight on April 19, 2010, 08:09:10 AM
Some time ago you posted a photo of yourself which looked like Norman Bates' taxiderm display.

Anyway; as you have been posting photos for ages, why have you now experienced a problem?

Mike

Well recently I gave a couple of talks on Hinduism and the pics to go with them could have framed a few discussions- they're on this file but having them presented within posts would've been nice (I did link a version of it once before).

http://www.box.net/shared/dupblz9ax5

DavidW

Quote from: Sean on April 19, 2010, 08:18:37 AM
Well recently I gave a couple of talks on Hinduism and the pics to go with them could have framed a few discussions- they're on this file but having them presented within posts would've been nice (I did link a version of it once before).

http://www.box.net/shared/dupblz9ax5

Everytime you give us one of those travelogues you end up coming off as racist and arrogant to the point where even JdP would blush. :-\

SonicMan46

Sean - took a look at that file - you should be able to simply right-click the picture and copy or save to your hard drive; but, I used the 'snipping tool' in VISTA (Snag-It is another 'image capture' program that I have on my other computers) - but I 'downsized' just 4 images of the many in the file, and have attached them to this post; so the process can be easily accomplished and in little time.  Dave  :D

Sean

Cheers Sonic. I can copy the pics no problem, though when you say copy them to the hard drive, I'm going to need, as Scarpia suggests, to use the Photoshop or Paint programs aren't I? I don't think my present computer network has these. I'll have a think about it though. I'll have a look at this snipping tool on my Vista laptop.

SonicMan46

Quote from: Sean on April 19, 2010, 10:54:36 AM
Cheers Sonic. I can copy the pics no problem, though when you say copy them to the hard drive, I'm going to need, as Scarpia suggests, to use the Photoshop or Paint programs aren't I? I don't think my present computer network has these. I'll have a think about it though. I'll have a look at this snipping tool on my Vista laptop.

Sean - well if you right-click on an image, then a menu option should be to 'Save image...' - once saved to the place desired on your hard drive and named to your preference, then the image can be easily manipulated w/ a variety of programs.

VISTA (and I assume Windows7) has a neat snipping tool (not very versatile but useful); SnagIt is another good screen capture program, i.e. with either of these, you can have your *.doc file opened, the images appear, and then you can select or crop the image from the monitor.

Once the image is on your hard drive, then a myriad of programs can be used for further manipulation - my main activities are to first crop and then re-size the image for presentation on the web.  On my Windows computers, I have used IrfanView for years - completely FREE and allows easy cropping and resizing - give it a try!  Dave  :)

Sean

Quote from: SonicMan on April 19, 2010, 04:43:18 PM
Sean - well if you right-click on an image, then a menu option should be to 'Save image...' - once saved to the place desired on your hard drive and named to your preference, then the image can be easily manipulated w/ a variety of programs.

VISTA (and I assume Windows7) has a neat snipping tool (not very versatile but useful); SnagIt is another good screen capture program, i.e. with either of these, you can have your *.doc file opened, the images appear, and then you can select or crop the image from the monitor.

Once the image is on your hard drive, then a myriad of programs can be used for further manipulation - my main activities are to first crop and then re-size the image for presentation on the web.  On my Windows computers, I have used IrfanView for years - completely FREE and allows easy cropping and resizing - give it a try!  Dave  :)

Many thanks- I'll take a look at the IrfanView program. Can I point out however that the Save picture as only appears on the right click dropdown for internet pictures, not for pictures already saved on my Word file... As I say, I'm not much of technical person... Best, S

Sean

By the way Sonic, thanks for your help- I sorted it in the end and learnt a lot.

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.