Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renfield

Quote from: Scarpia on May 25, 2010, 11:38:43 AM
Animal cruelty as a spectator sport?  Score one for the bull.

:D

That said, the guy was extremely lucky. A slightly different angle would very likely have left him with more than a speech problem.

knight66

Quote from: Opus106 on May 25, 2010, 11:42:17 AM
Oh. Do you have a link?

I heard it on the radio news, but there does not seem to be a link from the BBC site. Here is the story from another source.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/matador-gored-by-bull-in-madrid-fighting-for-life_100368492.html

Poor old mumbles.....no doubt the bull was killed.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Drasko

Quote from: knight on May 25, 2010, 02:06:44 PM
.....no doubt the bull was killed.

Bull always gets killed.

Opus106

Quote from: knight on May 25, 2010, 02:06:44 PM
I heard it on the radio news, but there does not seem to be a link from the BBC site. Here is the story from another source.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/matador-gored-by-bull-in-madrid-fighting-for-life_100368492.html

Poor old mumbles.....no doubt the bull was killed.

Mike

Thanks.
Regards,
Navneeth

Lethevich

We CAN all get along :)

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

CD

greg

The first one just makes me laugh like crazy, I don't know why... the second one is just kind of funny in an interesting way.

(only linking this one since the text is too small to read)
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k112/Teemo_01/Misc/1228639437963.jpg

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

greg

Wow, that one's great.
I hope that wasn't really a question on that show, but just a photoshopped one.

Fëanor

I've always kind of liked this picture I took myself many years ago at Expo 67 in Montreal. It's a self-portrait of sorts: I'm the guy whose image is refected in the metal sphere on the left side of the picture ...

SonicMan46

Susan & I are on a long weekend vacation to St. Louis (our first visit) - stimulated by our son who drove in from Indianapolis, so we had some 'wheels' in the city and he has GPS in his car which made getting places quite easy!  :D

We've had plenty of activities which I might put together in the 'vacation thread' for those who might be contemplating a visit to this city on the river, but just one unique experience below.

Gateway Arch - more information HERE on the Mississippi River - 630 ft!  Plenty of underground activities beneath the arch - tram ride to the top is an experience; basically small cubicles that can seat up to 5 - feels like a confined space capsule, and of course pivots like a ferris wheel car while ascending/descending the arch - takes just over a minute.  The views from the top are fabulous, i.e. the city in one direction and the river in the other.  :)

knight66

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

greg

Fëanor

Quote from: knight on June 12, 2010, 11:48:02 PM

Mike
The sort of thing only a pianist would find funny.  :'(

Opus106

The Astronomer and the Geographer (two separate paintings by Vermeer put into one) made using the images featured on APOD during the last 15 years. In fact, some (manipulated) form of this painting has been featured during earlier anniversaries as well.
Regards,
Navneeth

listener

from an excursion yesterday.    9 bus rides, 3 ferries, 2 subway, 1 railroad to get this.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

WI Dan

Quote from: listener on June 17, 2010, 02:26:27 PM
from an excursion yesterday.    9 bus rides, 3 ferries, 2 subway, 1 railroad to get this.
Ah, ... Dvořákian splendor!  A place I would also enjoy.
Is this in B.C.?

listener

Quote from: Dan on June 17, 2010, 09:57:49 PM
Ah, ... Dvořákian splendor!  A place I would also enjoy.
Is this in B.C.?
Vancouver Island, Esquimalt & Nanaimo branch of the CPR, operated by VIA,  Arbutus Creek bridge.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."