Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog

Quote from: SonicMan on October 11, 2010, 03:17:01 PM
Well Guys, as expected I've not received a response from Naive about the pic in question - oh well!  :-\

So, I'll post some 'personal' pics of our kitchen table - BORING!  But we just returned from a long weekend trip to Blowing Rock, NC (just 90 mins from us off the Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone) - in a local co-op artist's shop we purchased a 'lazy Susan' (I have to call it a 'Lazy Lester' because of my wife's first name) and a beautiful flower vase w/ a glass insert; now that necessitated a new wood pepper grinder/salt shaker and a napkin holder - I'm just responsible for the napkin holder - built from scrap pieces in my shop - uprights made from 'glued-up' stock, i.e. middle is walnut, light wood pine, and outer mahogany - thought my concept blends well w/ the rest - Susan added some flowers and we are thrilled w/ the much IMPROVED appearance - a 'work of art' at dinner time!  ;D

Looks great!  When's dinner?

greg

They should do an Escher version of that flowerpot.
Maybe a shape like this?

karlhenning

This mad-cap pair are always up for any kind of zany fun!

Benji

Who do you think this elderly gentleman is, attending the resting place of Jean Sibelius?  :)

Opus106

Quote from: Benji on November 10, 2010, 04:43:13 PM
Who do you think this elderly gentleman is, attending the resting place of Jean Sibelius?  :)

Such a minimalistic grave marker. Well, the file name notwithstanding, it is quite apparent that it is Stravinsky. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Benji

Quote from: Opus106 on November 10, 2010, 09:52:02 PM
Such a minimalistic grave marker. Well, the file name notwithstanding, it is quite apparent that it is Stravinsky. :)

Correctamundo. It's a cool picture - a 20th century great vistiting the grave of the 20th century greatest.

*runs and hides*

8)

Papy Oli

Olivier

Benji

greg

Interesting... if you go to the youtube page, you'll actually see it's real. However, I think he put a different song over it, so that's why it was disabled.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Benji on November 11, 2010, 01:24:25 AM
Correctamundo. It's a cool picture - a 20th century great vistiting the grave of the 20th century greatest.

*runs and hides*

8)

Yes, it might be a good idea to hide after making such a silly assertion, but you're entitled to your opinion of course. ;)

Mirror Image

Is it just me or does Morgan Fairchild get better looking with each passing year?

Scarpia

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 11, 2010, 09:27:12 PM
Is it just me or does Morgan Fairchild get better looking with each passing year?

Looks like her make-up gets 1mm thicker with each passing year.   :P

Mirror Image

Quote from: Scarpia on November 12, 2010, 01:44:52 PM
Looks like her make-up gets 1mm thicker with each passing year.   :P

Yeah, she has too much make-up on in this picture, but she's still a dazzling woman with or without facial enhancers. :D

Opus106

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 12, 2010, 07:43:30 PM
Yeah, she has too much make-up on in this picture, but she's still a dazzling woman with or without facial enhancers. :D

Show me a picture of hers without make-up which also has not been digitally 'touched'. (And maybe even before the first shot of Botox was taken.) :P
Regards,
Navneeth

SonicMan46

Susan and I are on our annual (sometimes twice yearly) trip to Wrightsville Beach near Wilmington - usually go in the spring or fall; the best boat ride in the area is actually the NC ferry from Fort Fischer to Southport (or the other way) - a cheap 30 min ride w/ some beautiful sites of the old Civil War earthen fort (one of the last major battles of that war which closed the blockade running port of Wilmington), mouth of the Cape Fear River, Bald Head Island (no cars allowed but golf carts can be used and rented), and Southport - plan to lunch and shop there today and then drive back to Wilmington on the other side of the Cape Fear River - some interesting sites along the way, i.e. Orton Plantation (better in the spring) & Old Brunswick Town (settled before Wilmington) - now a state historic site.  Weather should is sunny and in the mid- to high 60s.  :)

karlhenning

I don't remember this halo Bush is wearing, back when this was fresh news:

The Six

The Six

The Six