Regards,
Navneeth

The Six

Mirror Image

Two masters sitting together:

Brian

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 10, 2010, 09:36:15 AM
Two masters sitting together:

Now that would make a good frivolous vs. poll!

Mirror Image

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

The Six

The Six

Lethevich

J.Z. Herrenberg

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Drasko

Quote from: Lethe on December 10, 2010, 08:59:33 PM

I like that picture as well. It's from Bauhaus archive, female student sitting in Marcel Breuer designed chair (Wassily model: simple tubular steel construction for cheap mass production - yeah!) wearing mask from Bauhaus theatre production of one of Oscar Schlemmer's ballets, Formen Tanz most likely:

another picture I like

Lethevich

It was during trying to find an affordable reproduction that I ran into that pic (I now have the chair sitting happily in my room, making it look a lot prettier). One odd thing I noticed is that so many reproductions seem to have a U-shaped bar around the top of the backrest that juts out making the chair a lot deeper/more space-consuming. In the older models, where they have one, it is a lot shallower.

Edit: Where are my manners?  Thank you for the background information as well, it makes the picture a lot more understandable - I had taken it as a bit of surrealistic silliness and no more.

Drasko

The one in the picture is the oldest model, adding bar improves on firmness of construction and durability, as for increasing depth of it I think it has to do something with humanity getting permanently fatter, thus needing more and more of sinking space ;D

Lethevich

My imprecise vocabulary fails me again :P

vs

The cheapest ones all seem to have that gigantic thing poking out the back like a shopping trolley handle. Sadly I had to get one like that, as the difference was £200 vs £1000 ::)