Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on January 31, 2011, 03:22:09 PM

This is a recent pic of people I used to know- the guy being a very close childhood friend that I basically grew up with, and the girl being not quite a friend, but someone I knew because she was in many of my class in school for many years.

For some reason, she was the only girl I liked from the last year of elementary school (5th grade), all throughout middle school, and through most of high school. No one knows that, probably because that might be a little creepy.  :-\

The picture looks very good, though!

Why don't you tell this girl how you feel? What could go wrong?

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 04, 2011, 07:21:44 AM
Why don't you tell this girl how you feel? What could go wrong?
Well... that was in school years ago. I haven't seen either of them in (more or less) 5 years. By now, I've forgotten about their existence besides maybe a couple of days in the past, what, 2 years lol.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: John on January 17, 2011, 05:55:09 AM
Grimshaw.
Out of the many artworks and paintings I see, Grimshaw still holds me.

I like Atkinson Grimshaw, too. Wonderfully atmospheric.

On Wikipedia, btw, it says: "A new retrospective exhibition John Atkinson Grimshaw (1836 - 1893): Painter of Moonlight is due to run from 16 April 2011 to 4 September 2011 at Mercer Art Gallery in Harrogate"...
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Lethevich

Hnng, that sounds good, but traveling north of Oxford makes me nervous.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Lethe on February 04, 2011, 08:29:01 AM
Hnng, that sounds good, but traveling north of Oxford makes me nervous.

Yes, it's dangerous up North.  :o ;) Could this entice you?:

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Lethevich

It's like they can smell my fear...

J.Z. Herrenberg

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on February 04, 2011, 08:07:39 AM
Well... that was in school years ago. I haven't seen either of them in (more or less) 5 years. By now, I've forgotten about their existence besides maybe a couple of days in the past, what, 2 years lol.

Actually, I don't think you have forgotten about her or else why would you dig up an old picture that by now means nothing to you as you say? Food for thought indeed.

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 04, 2011, 06:12:34 PM
Actually, I don't think you have forgotten about her or else why would you dig up an old picture that by now means nothing to you as you say? Food for thought indeed.
I happened to find it while looking through my friend's facebook photos, since he just friend requested me and wanted to see how I was, I guess, since it's been a few years.

But yeah, honestly, I have hardly thought about her for years. I had a dream about her once about a year ago and thought about her the whole day- but then again, I frequently have dreams about people from years ago. I think this nostalgia (or whatever) is the subconscious's way of protecting the brain from the mindnumbing boredom of everyday life by focusing on one thing while in sleep and it gives me something to think about the next day, like replenishing brain cells or something.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on February 04, 2011, 06:28:30 PM
I happened to find it while looking through my friend's facebook photos, since he just friend requested me and wanted to see how I was, I guess, since it's been a few years.

But yeah, honestly, I have hardly thought about her for years. I had a dream about her once about a year ago and thought about her the whole day- but then again, I frequently have dreams about people from years ago. I think this nostalgia (or whatever) is the subconscious's way of protecting the brain from the mindnumbing boredom of everyday life by focusing on one thing while in sleep and it gives me something to think about the next day, like replenishing brain cells or something.

Yes, that is a good way to escape the boredom of everyday life. Now, I need to find something to dream about...

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 04, 2011, 06:32:58 PM
Yes, that is a good way to escape the boredom of everyday life. Now, I need to find something to dream about...
Yes, exactly!  :D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on February 04, 2011, 06:41:29 PM
Yes, exactly!  :D

Okay Greg I found someone to dream about:

Arielle Kebbel is so f****** hot.

greg

Now you just have to figure out how to lucid dream...
good luck with that one.  :D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Greg on February 05, 2011, 11:01:16 AM
Now you just have to figure out how to lucid dream...
good luck with that one.  :D

Lol....

I'm still waiting on the 3D machines where you can interact with holographic images. Let's just say being alone never felt better. ;) :D

Szykneij

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 05, 2011, 07:56:27 PM
Lol....

I'm still waiting on the 3D machines where you can interact with holographic images. Let's just say being alone never felt better. ;) :D
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

greg

Hehe, well, it could happen eventually. I don't see why not- I'm not sure why holographs aren't common-place by now. Unless there is a reason I don't know about, it's not like they have the same dangers as something like flying cars.
More likely people would end up using robots...

Scarpia

Quote from: Greg on February 06, 2011, 09:40:32 AM
Hehe, well, it could happen eventually. I don't see why not- I'm not sure why holographs aren't common-place by now. Unless there is a reason I don't know about, it's not like they have the same dangers as something like flying cars.

Laws of physics, perhaps?

Opus106

Quote from: Scarpia on February 06, 2011, 09:43:54 AM
Laws of physics, perhaps?

Well, there are (purely theoretical) suggestions that the whole universe could be a "holograph." :D
Regards,
Navneeth

Lethevich