Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicMan46

Sara - looking at that character, is that suppose to be an Italian 'bullet proof' vest?  ;) ;D

Opus106

:D

Click here for more. :D

Oh, and here's the context, in case you're not aware: http://vodpod.com/watch/5281104-bill-oreilly-proves-gods-existence

Regards,
Navneeth

ibanezmonster

Notice the price on this.

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Florestan

OMG! I can't believe my eyes that a mere 6.3 can produce such a disaster... What were those buildings made from?

Scarpia

Quote from: Eusebius on February 22, 2011, 03:12:19 AM
OMG! I can't believe my eyes that a mere 6.3 can produce such a disaster... What were those buildings made from?

Silly question, you can see exactly what the building was made from, scattered on the ground.   :P

Florestan

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on February 22, 2011, 05:07:00 AM
Silly question

Yes I know, but I couldn't help it. I hope some heads in the Construction Safety Department or whatever they have there will fall. It is inconceivable and unpardonable to build like this in a region with high seismic risk.

John Copeland

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on February 22, 2011, 05:07:00 AM
Silly question, you can see exactly what the building was made from, scattered on the ground.   :P

LOL

I have taken a strong liking at a spiritual level to this.  It speaks to me of Gods existence in our own solitary existence, and our singular search for that.  There was another pic I took a liking to, set in the late 1800's or so, a fellow waking up in bed to a shining angel coming through the ruins of the roof.  I lost that pic, anyone know what it was again?   Hang on, it was probably in here I found it!  I'm away to trawl the thread...

Henk

Quote from: John of Glasgow on February 22, 2011, 05:33:22 AM
LOL

I have taken a strong liking at a spiritual level to this.  It speaks to me of Gods existence in our own solitary existence, and our singular search for that.  There was another pic I took a liking to, set in the late 1800's or so, a fellow waking up in bed to a shining angel coming through the ruins of the roof.  I lost that pic, anyone know what it was again?   Hang on, it was probably in here I found it!  I'm away to trawl the thread...

For art we have other threads. Can someone teach John the basics of GMG?

Henk

John Copeland

Henk, I used to like you.
I haven't a clue whats happened to you.   :(

Scarpia

Quote from: Henk on February 22, 2011, 05:44:34 AM
For art we have other threads. Can someone teach John the basics of GMG?

Henk

The thread is "Pictures I like" and I see a picture he likes.  Get it?

Scarpia

Quote from: Henk on February 22, 2011, 05:55:40 AM
Yes, you're right. I suppose I just lost track because of that picture of Arielle Kebbel. I now have an image of her to stimulate my fantasies.

You think this is suited to the "Pictures I like" thread?  Isn't there a "too much information" thread somewhere?   ???

Henk

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on February 22, 2011, 06:07:24 AM
I you think this is suited to the "Pictures I like" thread.  Isn't there a "too much information" thread somewhere?   ???

The software hasn't a notebloc function yet, for linking with Facebook.

Henk

Lethevich

Quote from: Eusebius on February 22, 2011, 03:12:19 AM

It was apparently at the epicentre.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Scarpia

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on February 22, 2011, 09:08:39 AM
It was apparently at the epicentre.

Also, Richter scale measures how much energy was released, but there are other factors which influence the level of damage that buildings will sustain.

Opus106

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on February 22, 2011, 09:12:19 AM
Also, Richter scale measures how much energy was released

Not how close a friend one is to George?

;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Florestan

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on February 22, 2011, 09:12:19 AM
Also, Richter scale measures how much energy was released, but there are other factors which influence the level of damage that buildings will sustain.

Quite so. I overlooked one of the most important: how deep in the crust the quake took place. In Romania we are accustomed to deep earthquakes (> 30 km deep down in the crust). A 6.3 here would scare us like hell but not have that catastrophic impact. But in the case of Christchurch it apparently was only 4 km below and that explains the disaster.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Henk on February 22, 2011, 05:55:40 AM
Yes, you're right. I suppose I just lost track because of that picture of Arielle Kebbel. I now have an image of her to stimulate my fantasies.

Henk

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on February 22, 2011, 06:07:24 AM
I you think this is suited to the "Pictures I like" thread.  Isn't there a "too much information" thread somewhere?   ???
:D

Henk

Damn computer programmer. :(