Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Z. Herrenberg

Lovely girls, certainly, but how can you 'fancy' a picture?
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Scarpia

Quote from: Greg on June 07, 2011, 01:10:09 PM
Well, I just thought that picture looked good. I don't think I would want to hear her talk. Her music is painful enough.

Wise decision.  I saw a brief news blurb about how she was made editor for a day at some London Newspaper.  She's sitting there in the staff meeting dressed like a circus side-show, whining that she's not part of the "in" crowed and gets bullied every day. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13419324

Words do not avail.   :)

ibanezmonster

That just has to be a joke...

J.Z. Herrenberg

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

karlhenning

Man, only 10 out of 61? . . .

Florestan

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 08, 2011, 11:03:22 AM
Man, only 10 out of 61? . . .

You can reverse it: 51 out of 61 apparently know who Nietzsche was and when he lived --- not bad at all, I should say.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

North Star

What's not to like here:

Beethoven and Bach are certainly two of my favorites, I wonder why?

Wikipedia:
St. John received attention for her somewhat controversial photo on the cover of her debut album, "Bach Works for Violin Solo" (1996). The cover features St. John holding a violin across her chest while appearing otherwise unclothed. The rationale for this cover was that unaccompanied Bach exposed the artist completely, and the cover art was designed to evoke this sentiment. The album sold 25,000 copies, a very high number by the standards of the classical music industry.
Yes. Very profound.

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

John Copeland

My favourite magazine...

Coco

DavidW

That was great John!  Loved every line!! :D

George

Quote from: DavidW on June 11, 2011, 06:04:24 PM
That was great John!  Loved every line!! :D

Indeed. I am just hurt that I didn't make the cover.  :'(
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

ibanezmonster

Strangely, I was so busy reading the content of it that the last thing I realized was the Mahler graffiti background. Nice!  :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: John of Glasgow on June 11, 2011, 05:58:35 PM
My favourite magazine...

LOL....this was funny as hell, John! :D

The Six

Dancing Divertimentian

I guess everybody needs a good luck charm, especially a WWII bomber crew member:

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Coco

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.