Coco

Coco

With all those pearls, do you have to ask? :D

Antoine Marchand

These different pictures of the French harpsichordist Blandine Verlet:

Coco

She has aged gracefully.

Szykneij

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Mirror Image

I've become increasingly interested in the works of Alice Neel (1900-1984). She was an absolute master of portraits. She is noted for her direct and emotional style, which appears Expressionistic.

John Copeland

Quote from: J. Z. Herrenberg on February 04, 2011, 08:25:48 AM
I like Atkinson Grimshaw, too. Wonderfully atmospheric.

On Wikipedia, btw, it says: "A new retrospective exhibition John Atkinson Grimshaw (1836 - 1893): Painter of Moonlight is due to run from 16 April 2011 to 4 September 2011 at Mercer Art Gallery in Harrogate"...

Thank you, I missed this.  I'm going to try make it on 2nd August, or sometime thereafter...it will be worth every penny - Harrogate is one of the most beautiful of Yorkshire towns inteh Summer too!

pjme

pjme

pjme

Sam Dillemans - selfportrait

P.

Mirror Image

Yes, Sam Dillemans is a great artist. One of the few working today that I admire. His skill is remarkable. Peter Doig is also another artist whose work impresses me.

Brian

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 20, 2011, 01:44:43 PM
Yes, Sam Dillemans is a great artist. One of the few working today that I admire. His skill is remarkable. Peter Doig is also another artist whose work impresses me.

Funny you should mention that - last week I saw this Peter Doig painting, "Blotter," in person and was absolutely blown away. Never mind the poor quality of the random internet photo: it is a spectacular work. It's in the Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, if you ever do a European tour.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on June 20, 2011, 01:52:27 PM
Funny you should mention that - last week I saw this Peter Doig painting, "Blotter," in person and was absolutely blown away. Never mind the poor quality of the random internet photo: it is a spectacular work. It's in the Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, if you ever do a European tour.

Yes, that is a great painting, Brian. It's nice to see some artists still actually painting their art. This, for me, is where the real talent is.

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

The Six

The Six

ibanezmonster

Hm, I've never really understood the whole admiring actresses thing... are there any actresses I might like, Sarge?

karlhenning

Quote from: Greg on June 28, 2011, 07:04:09 AM
Hm, I've never really understood the whole admiring actresses thing...

FWIW, that seems a bit alien to me, as well.  Speaking as a chap who does not at all mind watching Barbara Feldon, Diana Rigg or Carolyn Jones . . . .