Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Greg on June 28, 2011, 07:04:09 AM
Hm, I've never really understood the whole admiring actresses thing... are there any actresses I might like, Sarge?

I posted two actresses (one with a pistol) because Philo posted two actors (one with a pistol). If he'd had shown us two hot male lawyers, I would have responded in kind (the Harvard Law Review has a centerfold in each issue  :D )

As to your question: I have no idea. The Eurasian Laura Gemser, perhaps?

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Greg on June 28, 2011, 07:04:09 AM
Hm, I've never really understood the whole admiring actresses thing...

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 28, 2011, 07:12:27 AM
FWIW, that seems a bit alien to me, as well.

It's not their profession I admire...it's simply the fact they are beautiful women...and "better" than men (in the sense that Philo meant).

Sarge

karlhenning

There you go, nothing wrong with appreciating beauty.

Coco

Florestan

Quote from: Philoctetes on June 27, 2011, 10:54:58 PM
Is there something better than beautiful men?

I've never tasted beautiful men so I can't say... but I'm with Sarge nevertheless, all the way by a long shot.  ;D
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Lethevich

Philo and Sarge should have some kind of deathmatch to decide whether one is gayer than the other is straight (edit: or vice versa, natch) :P

Also:

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on June 28, 2011, 04:40:47 PM
Philo and Sarge should have some kind of deathmatch to decide whether one is gayer than the other is straight (edit: or vice versa, natch) :P

Also:

Who is this a picture of, Lethe?

Lethevich

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 28, 2011, 06:02:56 PM
Who is this a picture of, Lethe?

A friend's drunk companions (boyfriend and girlfriend). No grand story, it just looked really cool :)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on June 29, 2011, 03:22:00 AM
A friend's drunk companions (boyfriend and girlfriend). No grand story, it just looked really cool :)

I thought he'd just won the ATM lottery  8)

Sarge

Lethevich

At first I thought the girl was one of those people monitoring the indoor row of machines

"FREE PEN"
"Err, sir, you can't take that"

ibanezmonster

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Greg on June 29, 2011, 06:40:23 AM
Would be nice except I find that hairstyle horrible!  :-X

I think David Lynch was going for a retro look here: late 50s, early 60s style. Since that's when puberty hit me, and girls became suddenly important, I find the style "attractive" even though I don't like it either. Such is the power of hormones  :D

Sarge

pjme

Yesterday we had a terrific & quite terrifying thunderstorm over Belgium . More rain and hail in ca 6 hours than in May and June combined...

Just before that first ear shattering thunderclap, people ran for shelter. Felix Valloton caught such a moment to perfection.

P.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Florestan on June 28, 2011, 11:39:28 AM
I've never tasted beautiful men so I can't say... but I'm with Sarge nevertheless, all the way by a long shot.  ;D

Quote from: Philoctetes on June 28, 2011, 03:02:55 PM
At least your honest about your uninformed bias.
I was responding to these posts. Florestan says he prefers women even though he has never tried men.
My point was that sometimes you don't have to have all of the information, or experience, to decide whether you'll like something or not. Florestan isn't quite "uninformed"- he can tell by looking at someone whether he likes it or not.

Now, you like both men and women, so my example for you would be- would like to get intimate with an obese old person (man or woman)? (then again, maybe you like that, who knows).  :D

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Philoctetes on June 29, 2011, 06:02:40 PM
Where did you get any of this? You've made some assumptions that surely couldn't have been drawn from my postings.
Now you know how I feel!  ;D ;)

Coco

D'Onofrio is great. He's aged very well.

Que

Quote from: Philoctetes on June 29, 2011, 06:02:40 PM
Where did you get any of this? You've made some assumptions that surely couldn't have been drawn from my postings.

And his statements were idiotic. I didn't see any arguments.
Quote from: Greg on June 29, 2011, 06:07:44 PM
Now you know how I feel!  ;D ;)
Quote from: Philoctetes on June 29, 2011, 06:11:05 PM
How so? I essentially quoted you in my responses.

A rather tiring discussion, though I see no malintent on either side.

Let's not go on forever and let it be. OK guys? :)

Q

Lethevich

Kinda wish I could join in on the celebrity love-fest (it looks fun, in a Pokemon kind of way) but I tend to only be able to feel attraction or appeal towards people I know irl - the sickly sheen of the actor and the well-lit photoshoot or a carefully stage-managed public persona is hard to admire :\ It's like - they're supposed to be beautiful, but I find that this means nothing to me. I don't know if anybody else is like that - it's technically an irrational POV as it involves other factors outweighing a supposed simple truth.

Now that I think about it, my favourite people irl would be considered pretty bad looking by these standards ;D Wouldn't have it any other way.

Coco

No, I can relate too. I view celeb-watching as completely separate from finding people attractive in real life and more akin to looking at nice buildings.

Père Malfait

Getting away from the celebrity beefcake for a moment . . .    ::)

I collect Vanitas paintings (unfortunately all in reproductions, as befits my chronic impecunity), and this is one of my favorites:

Vanitas, by Franciscus Gysbrechts (or Gijsbrechts), (b. before 1630, d. after 1680)

Lee T. Nunley, MA, PMP, CSM
Organist, Harpsichordist, Musicologist, Project Manager