Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Père Malfait on June 30, 2011, 06:02:06 AM

I can't find a bigger picture of this...
but I'm wonder if this is by the same artist.

Lethevich

Google suggests one David Bailly:

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Lethevich

Quote from: Philoctetes on June 30, 2011, 09:04:47 AM
Here's a "normal" chick though:

Hehe, here's my normality obsession...

Bring tha acne scars ;D Totally obsessed with them perfectly interlocking zig-zaggy toothy smiles.

Lethevich

Quote from: Philoctetes on June 30, 2011, 10:23:29 AM
I always worry about people not in the public sphere. It's one of the main reasons I refrain from posting images of "normal" people.

Same, I am enormously protective of my real life friends (and myself -_-). Online people have screwed up standards - sometimes all you have to do is reveal you're dating an average-to-good-looking person, and some jerk will feel that it's time to mention how ugly they are compared to X film star. Plus all the people who think that but don't mention it. Beauty is a crock of shit :)

Père Malfait

Quote from: Greg on June 30, 2011, 06:58:48 AM
I can't find a bigger picture of this...
but I'm wonder if this is by the same artist.

Interesting/amusing use of the Bailly Vanitas. I like the superimposition of Prokofiev's head onto the framed portrait.  ;D
Lee T. Nunley, MA, PMP, CSM
Organist, Harpsichordist, Musicologist, Project Manager

pjme

;D Time for some real people

Rik Wouters

pjme

The Six

Mirror Image

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on June 30, 2011, 05:35:31 AM
Kinda wish I could join in on the celebrity love-fest (it looks fun, in a Pokemon kind of way) but I tend to only be able to feel attraction or appeal towards people I know irl - the sickly sheen of the actor and the well-lit photoshoot or a carefully stage-managed public persona is hard to admire :\ It's like - they're supposed to be beautiful, but I find that this means nothing to me. I don't know if anybody else is like that - it's technically an irrational POV as it involves other factors outweighing a supposed simple truth.

Now that I think about it, my favourite people irl would be considered pretty bad looking by these standards ;D Wouldn't have it any other way.

I personally don't find anything wrong with looking at a good looking celebrity. It's a harmless thing to do. Obviously, it's not real life and these pictures' intended purpose is merely to draw people in. That is all. Is there a superficiality to these types of pictures? Absolutely, but beauty is all around us everyday. There is also a lot of ugliness too, which sometimes overrides everything within a day. So it's nice to look at these pictures. It lets us escape a little bit. These women I've been posting pictures of are merely eye candy for me. Real women don't need to be photographed like this. To find a real woman, would be to look to at everyday people. Every now and again, we find someone that gives us that spark and that overwhelming feeling of passion. For me, I must be attracted to woman's mind first and the rest follows.

Lethevich

I get that it's not serious and all that, I think that it's just a bizarre reaction on my part. The degree of fame and interest in a person seems to inversely affect my ability to care about their existence. I flick past the pretties and find myself focusing on the slightly perculiar looking ones ;)

The Six

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on June 30, 2011, 07:30:04 PMI flick past the pretties and find myself focusing on the slightly perculiar looking ones ;)

That explains the avatar!

Lethevich

Quote from: The Six on June 30, 2011, 07:42:20 PM
That explains the avatar!

Indeed! I tried to persuade a friend that the haircut in that photo would look good on them, but they couldn't get past the horrifying grin and never took my suggestion seriously :(

George

;D

A new spin on an old saying: What came first, the chicken or the dog?
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Lethevich

Mirror Image

Quote from: Philoctetes on July 01, 2011, 07:26:53 PM
The man is Michael Shannon.
The woman is Terry Farrell.

Damn, I should've known who this woman was she's in one of my favorite TV sitcoms: Becker. She plays Reggie Kostas who runs a diner.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on June 30, 2011, 09:25:35 AM
Hehe, here's my normality obsession...
Bring tha acne scars ;D Totally obsessed with them perfectly interlocking zig-zaggy toothy smiles.

Shostakovich's daughter?  ;D

Sarge

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on July 01, 2011, 03:05:37 PM

Do you remember the game from which this is taken? It seems familiar.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure