Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renfield

Love the Batman equation! :D 8)

DavidW

I had to show that to a student, I found a post where someone explained how each term contributed to the shape. :)

Renfield

Quote from: DavidW on September 16, 2011, 07:12:40 AM
I had to show that to a student, I found a post where someone explained how each term contributed to the shape. :)

Yeah, it was a delight to reverse-engineer the equation. Probably an excellent learning tool!

DavidW

Quote from: Renfield on September 16, 2011, 09:01:49 AM
Yeah, it was a delight to reverse-engineer the equation. Probably an excellent learning tool!

Yeah I had a student that had to a project in one of his high school math classes-- design a function to make a picture.  He made a car!  Sounds fun. :)

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

ibanezmonster

Who is your avatar, Philo?

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Philoctetes on September 17, 2011, 11:00:55 AM
Her name is Georgia Jones.
Oh, yeah... it's probably been a couple of years now, but I still remember that name...  :-X

Georgia... wtf kind of name is that? Reminds me of that Family Guy episode where they are watching some show and this lady is crying because her name is Florida. "Florida... I'm named after a state..."

George

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2011, 06:38:48 PM
Oh, yeah... it's probably been a couple of years now, but I still remember that name...  :-X

Georgia... wtf kind of name is that? Reminds me of that Family Guy episode where they are watching some show and this lady is crying because her name is Florida. "Florida... I'm named after a state..."

Man, you make me feel old. Florida was not her real name, it was the name of the mother on Good Times.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Philoctetes on September 17, 2011, 06:46:18 PM
You know who she is?

That's not her real name, but she created the name by combining two of her favorite songs.
Glad to hear that's not her real name, because I would then have to feel bad for her.

Yep, I discovered her one day and remember thinking she was unusually cute. I'm surprised I even remember.

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2011, 07:03:02 PM
Glad to hear that's not her real name, because I would then have to feel bad for her.

Yep, I discovered her one day and remember thinking she was unusually cute. I'm surprised I even remember.

My (ex-)sister-in-law is called Florida. And she is Dutch. The name is very uncommon, perhaps even unique.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

J.Z. Herrenberg

Lovecraft meets Hergé, the tentacle meets the 'ligne claire'... More brilliant spoof albums here:

http://muzski.darkfolio.com/gallery/508305
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Lethevich

Ahh, that is kind of depressing - Tintin was at its coolest when it went a little out of the norm (like the scary Incan mummy one), and any book with one of those covers I would read in a heartbeat :'(

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Pettersson on September 19, 2011, 08:30:12 AM
Ahh, that is kind of depressing - Tintin was at its coolest when it went a little out of the norm (like the scary Incan mummy one), and any book with one of those covers I would read in a heartbeat :'(

I know what you mean. We're like Haddock in the desert, seeing the mirage of a bottle...  :'(

J.Z. Herrenberg

Lethevich