12 (35.3%)
No
22 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: November 22, 2021, 01:35:59 PM

Scion7

Quote from: Florestan on November 25, 2020, 09:13:00 AM
From here:   https://www.republic.org.uk/what_we_want

Iow, Republic supports a constitutional monarchy. Three cheers for Republic, whoever or whatever they are!   ;D

Graham Smith: BLOODY PEASANT!

Serious, Flo', I wouldn't make that interpretation at any of the meetings.  They'd do you a right treat, mate!   >:D

When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Sergeant Rock

Although I don't participate in the political threads, I voted no. I do read them. I mean, how else am I to know whom to hate?  ;)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Florestan on November 25, 2020, 10:02:31 AM
Somehow I never got to listen to any Monty Python. I imagine I miss a lot.

But seriously, that Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses could have been subscribed by any number of modern dictators. Ceaușescu, for instance, always claimed he was ruling on behalf of, and for, the working class which mandated him to do so at each and every nationwide congress the Communist Party held periodically.  ;D

If I hadn't already known, I would have said Karl Marx...

https://youtu.be/R7qT-C-0ajI

It's just 3 minutes, you'll broaden your horizons a little. Damn, you have me feeling sorry for you already.... :'(   ;D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Florestan

Quote from: Scion7 on November 25, 2020, 01:25:10 PM
                Graham Smith: BLOODY PEASANT!

Serious, Flo', I wouldn't make that interpretation at any of the meetings.  They'd do you a right treat, mate!   >:D

Oh, I'm sure violence is the only way they could defend their incoherent, self-contradictory doctrine.  ;D
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

71 dB

Quote from: MusicTurner on November 24, 2020, 11:32:20 AM
The commentator pointed to the fixation as a 'quality' with Trump, that somehow showed a genius aspect of him - seeing that opening for getting such attention.

Trump surely is a genius getting attention, but he is talented in completely wrongs things for a president while being astonishly weak at things important for a leader. As I have said for years, Trump's place is in the WWE wrestling ring feuding with Vince McMahon.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Mirror Image

Okay, I'm afraid we're getting off topic and many of you guys are talking about politics when there are threads dedicated to such discussion. It looks like the majority of members here don't mind political threads, so with that vote in mind, I'm now locking this thread.