Thanksgiving

Started by Pohjolas Daughter, November 26, 2020, 06:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Just wanted to wish my fellow American friends (and those also living in the States) a very Happy Thanksgiving!

And to give thanks here for all of my new and old friends here and for the music that has both moved me and given me great joy and delight over the years.

Best wishes,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

steve ridgway

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves. ;D

Mirror Image

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I could do without the guests, but I do like the food! ;D

Karl Henning

I miss the time with family, but that cannot be helped this year.

John, your poll indirectly helped me figure something out, so thanks!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 26, 2020, 09:34:03 AM
I miss the time with family, but that cannot be helped this year.

John, your poll indirectly helped me figure something out, so thanks!

Well, I'm a loner, Karl. I mean I understand the importance of human interaction however, but thankfully its kept to a minimum this year. ;) You have me curious, how did my poll help you?

Mirror Image

Well...I survived the endless barrage of broken words that came out of my cousin's mouth (the man cannot finish a complete thought). Food was good. Glad the guests are gone! Back to classical...

Daverz

We just did a Zoom get together for an hour.  It was mostly my cousin's kids' kids.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Daverz on November 26, 2020, 02:43:17 PM
We just did a Zoom get together for an hour.  It was mostly my cousin's kids' kids.

I did a Zoom visit with a fellow musician and his wife, they are practically family.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

bhodges

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 26, 2020, 06:44:15 AM
Just wanted to wish my fellow American friends (and those also living in the States) a very Happy Thanksgiving!

And to give thanks here for all of my new and old friends here and for the music that has both moved me and given me great joy and delight over the years.

Best wishes,

PD

Thank you. I'll share something I wrote elsewhere:

A genuinely touching exchange today. For dinner, my brother and I wanted to support a local place, so I ordered (too much) Thai food from a fantastic restaurant around the corner. When I picked it up, the owner was pleasant—and effusive: "Thank you so much. My wife thanks you, also. We have been here 11 years, and don't want to leave. We are doing everything we can to stay open. Our rent is $6,000 a month. If we make $500, that's a good day. So I thank you again."

It felt even better, supporting a small business. I hope they make it.

--Bruce

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brewski on November 26, 2020, 07:53:44 PM
Thank you. I'll share something I wrote elsewhere:

A genuinely touching exchange today. For dinner, my brother and I wanted to support a local place, so I ordered (too much) Thai food from a fantastic restaurant around the corner. When I picked it up, the owner was pleasant—and effusive: "Thank you so much. My wife thanks you, also. We have been here 11 years, and don't want to leave. We are doing everything we can to stay open. Our rent is $6,000 a month. If we make $500, that's a good day. So I thank you again."

It felt even better, supporting a small business. I hope they make it.

--Bruce

A great thing for you to do, Bruce. People who own restaurants must be in a dire situation right now and I feel bad for all of them. Let's hope they can ride this wave out to the end.

bhodges

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 26, 2020, 09:09:02 PM
A great for you to do, Bruce. People who own restaurants must be in a dire situation right now and I feel bad for all of them. Let's hope they can ride this wave out to the end.

Thank you, and this is very true. I actually don't eat out much, since I like to cook and am good at it. But with so many people struggling, it feels right to order takeout maybe once a week. As it goes, "It takes a village."

--Bruce

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brewski on November 27, 2020, 04:00:21 AM
Thank you, and this is very true. I actually don't eat out much, since I like to cook and am good at it. But with so many people struggling, it feels right to order takeout maybe once a week. As it goes, "It takes a village."

--Bruce

Yes, indeed.