Interested in half an hour's Zoom on New Year's Day?

Started by Karl Henning, December 29, 2020, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crudblud

Quote from: vandermolen on October 27, 2023, 02:27:27 PMWe're 5 hours ahead of you. Preferably not in the middle of the night!
We'll only be four hours ahead on the proposed day. We put our clocks back a full week before the US.

vandermolen

Quote from: Crudblud on October 28, 2023, 02:04:31 AMWe'll only be four hours ahead on the proposed day. We put our clocks back a full week before the US.
Thanks - yes I realised that earlier.
 :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

(poco) Sforzando

"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

(poco) Sforzando

vandermolen

No problem. I had quite a few other commitments today. For the first time ever I did a Halloween pumpkin this year and have been constantly inundated with annoying tincy children demanding sweets (candy).
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Quote from: vandermolen on October 31, 2023, 09:15:41 AMNo problem. I had quite a few other commitments today. For the first time ever I did a Halloween pumpkin this year and have been constantly inundated with annoying tincy children demanding sweets (candy).
That's entering into the spirit!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: Karl Henning on October 31, 2023, 09:29:46 AMThat's entering into the spirit!

I just leave a box outside and tell them to take a few but don't knock on the door.

vandermolen

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on October 31, 2023, 10:03:28 AMI just leave a box outside and tell them to take a few but don't knock on the door.
Good idea!
Like many things, this is an American tradition which has caught on here. When I was a child there was barely any fuss made of Halloween.

DavidW

I'm lucky to live in a small neighborhood.  I had half a dozen trick or treaters.  Enough to enjoy it, not so much to turn it into a chore.  I gave the rest of my candy to my students the day after.

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: DavidW on November 02, 2023, 07:00:23 AMI'm lucky to live in a small neighborhood.  I had half a dozen trick or treaters.  Enough to enjoy it, not so much to turn it into a chore.  I gave the rest of my candy to my students the day after.

I used to just stay out all evening and not return home until 10 or 11. Then I graduated to staying home with the lights out and pretending I was away. And now this.

But still it's a chore for me to answer the door in part because I have to run up and down stairs. I returned the unopened bags of candy to the store the day after. I have no students.