Interested in half an hour's Zoom on New Year's Day?

Started by Karl Henning, December 29, 2020, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

André

Quote from: Florestan on April 25, 2021, 09:33:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. Wishing you strength and your mother a succesful treatment.

+1

vandermolen

Quote from: Crudblud on April 25, 2021, 09:06:33 AM
I would like to join you all again but I don't really have a time when I am not on call. Recently my mother was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour, and I am now working as her primary carer. She is doing very well at the moment and is fit enough to have a full course of treatment, yet there are many things she is not able to do for herself, so I have to be ready to go at a moment's notice.
Very sorry indeed to hear this.
All strength to you and your mother.
Jeffrey
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 25, 2021, 08:46:02 AM
No worries, Jeffrey.  If I am picking times which only work for me, it defeats the purpose, is all.
Usually the Sunday afternoon/evening (UK time) works fine for me Karl and, frankly, it's very good of you to take the trouble to organise it at all.  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Crudblud

I sincerely thank you, Karl, André, and Jeffrey. As I said to Florestan, every kind word is a source of strength at this time.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Crudblud on April 25, 2021, 09:06:33 AM
I would like to join you all again but I don't really have a time when I am not on call. Recently my mother was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour, and I am now working as her primary carer. She is doing very well at the moment and is fit enough to have a full course of treatment, yet there are many things she is not able to do for herself, so I have to be ready to go at a moment's notice.

I haven't conversed with you very much on here, but I'm truly sorry to learn of your mother's condition. Stay strong for her as she needs now more than ever. You're a good son --- one that is willing to drop everything for her. Hope everything remains on the upswing for her. All my best.

Crudblud

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 25, 2021, 07:32:18 PM
I haven't conversed with you very much on here, but I'm truly sorry to learn of your mother's condition. Stay strong for her as she needs now more than ever. You're a good son --- one that is willing to drop everything for her. Hope everything remains on the upswing for her. All my best.
Thank you for the kind words. This was a heartening message to wake up to this morning.

I know we haven't spoken much, that is my fault for not being so active here. Some years ago I was something of a forum addict, and I have tended since then to keep myself at arm's length, sometimes several arms' lengths. Right now, however, I'm finding that I want to be around as many people as possible. I can't get out very much so I'm gradually expanding my social time on the internet so far as I'm able to fit it in around my responsibilities here at home.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Crudblud on April 25, 2021, 10:16:41 PM
Thank you for the kind words. This was a heartening message to wake up to this morning.

I know we haven't spoken much, that is my fault for not being so active here. Some years ago I was something of a forum addict, and I have tended since then to keep myself at arm's length, sometimes several arms' lengths. Right now, however, I'm finding that I want to be around as many people as possible. I can't get out very much so I'm gradually expanding my social time on the internet so far as I'm able to fit it in around my responsibilities here at home.

My pleasure and no worries if you don't communicate on here as much as you'd like to --- there's so much more to life than this forum (or any forum) and music itself can keep one occupied even further. A cliché, but we should never take our time here for granted. It's just all too short.

Karl Henning

Wed 5 May 11:00 Chowder Time

Karl Henning is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/83173557140?pwd=UE1pUmErVGU0WVN3ZnRBanhDVjdHdz09

Meeting ID: 831 7355 7140
Passcode: Q73yzT
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Sat 8 May 11:00 Chowder Time

Karl Henning is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/82317030230?pwd=bnNXUGNuaHNtdzlOWVY4U3JMbVhPQT09

Meeting ID: 823 1703 0230
Passcode: C603uC
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

And/or should we target another day of the week?  Another time of day?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

André

May 5th looks all right to me. The weather forecast calls for rain  :D

71 dB

Thank you Karl for invitation, but I'm not sure if I am mentally and technologically up to the challenge.
I have heard about Zoom, but I don't have a clue what it is.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

71 dB

Okay, since Zoom is not a chat, but video + audio I am out because no camera, microphone or even smartphone.  :P
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

steve ridgway

How does it work with the web link? Do you need the app as well?

vandermolen

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 03, 2021, 10:32:55 PM
How does it work with the web link? Do you need the app as well?

I'm a technophobe but I downloaded Zoom on to my laptop and just click on Karl's link at the appointed time.

I definitely can't do tomorrow (Weds.) because I'll be at work. Saturday is a possibility but, if we are out, it won't go down well if I say that I need to be back home for a zoom call from my 'Cat Group' (as my wife disparagingly calls it).

steve ridgway

Thanks Jeffery. I've downloaded the Zoom app to my iPad and will see what happens in a couple of hours.

Karl Henning

Quote from: 71 dB on May 03, 2021, 03:43:38 PM
Okay, since Zoom is not a chat, but video + audio I am out because no camera, microphone or even smartphone.  :P

Ah, well.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: vandermolen on May 04, 2021, 03:41:10 AM
I'm a technophobe but I downloaded Zoom on to my laptop and just click on Karl's link at the appointed time.

I definitely can't do tomorrow (Weds.) because I'll be at work. Saturday is a possibility but, if we are out, it won't go down well if I say that I need to be back home for a zoom call from my 'Cat Group' (as my wife disparagingly calls it).

Meow. 8)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

steve ridgway