Hello World

Started by batswirl, January 04, 2021, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batswirl

good day everyone,

my name is Mathieu, born and raised in France I am now living in Montréal QC for 10 years. I am a music lover, guitarist (ex drummer), audiophile who came back to listen to more and more classical music maybe 5 years ago. I hope this forum will help me to discover more composers and pieces, get better references, and share feelings and appreciation of records. I also really enjoy (I guess I should say enjoyed nowadays) live concerts in Montréal (OSM, Orchestre Metropolitain, Bourgie Hall and McGill Opera) with my wife and it will be my pleasure to share further experiences in those halls in a near future.

Mathieu

bhodges

Hello, Mathieu, and welcome. Lots of fans here of the musical groups in Montréal, and hope you get back inside the halls soon. (As do many of us elsewhere.) In the meantime, have a good time here.

--Bruce

david johnson

The new erato

Hello Mathieu. This is a good forum for discovering worthwhile music with some friendly and very knowledgable people, just stay away from the political threads. Welcome from Norway.

vandermolen

Welcome Mathieu from locked-down East Sussex, England as well.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

Welcome Mathieu!

A Canadian here. I had the good fortune of visiting Montréal in the fall of 2019 and able to attend a concert with l'orchestre symphonique de Montréal.

What a beautiful city!

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

batswirl

Thank you all. This is definitely a warm welcoming from many parts of the earth.

Symphonic Addict

Welcome!

Hopefully you won't be one of those new members who creates an account and turns out deleting it in a week.  ;)
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Papy Oli

Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Bienvenue Mathieu!   :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter