Bartok - The String Quartets

Started by George, September 16, 2011, 05:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandryka

Anyone heard Eder? (Feel quite tempted, even though I suspect that Hagen is the only Bartok cycle I need really.)
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

SurprisedByBeauty

Quote from: Todd on January 16, 2023, 07:50:59 AM
Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on January 16, 2023, 06:59:56 AMIt is done! (until it needs immediate updating, that is)

Only in the works (on and mostly off), for a few years, here's, at last, my grand #BartokStringQuartetCycleSurvey

"A Survey of Bartók String Quartet Cycles"

Nice list.  You may want to update the image for the Vermeer recording.

Oh, nice catch!!! Probably more than just the picture that's off with that one! I'm on it.

SurprisedByBeauty

Quote from: Mandryka on January 16, 2023, 08:26:45 AMAnyone heard Eder? (Feel quite tempted, even though I suspect that Hagen is the only Bartok cycle I need really.)

It's not even on the Naxos Music Library, despite all their good work for them in DSCH and WAM.

Mandryka

Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on January 16, 2023, 09:15:52 AMIt's not even on the Naxos Music Library, despite all their good work for them in DSCH and WAM.

It's quite cheap second hand in the UK, but Bartok isn't really central to my interests at the moment so I can resist the temptation I think.

By the way if any Bartok freaks want Mari Iwamoto, they can PM me. I have never listened to it properly to comment with any confidence.  In fact - how about a swap -  Iwamoto for Eder? (Not sure why but . . . )
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen