Author Topic: Tennis anyone?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
Re: Tennis anyone?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 12:04:23 PM »
Am going through 'Manic Monday' withdrawal.  I miss my Wimbledon!

Mandryka,

How are you feeling about a non-The Championships year?  Particularly considering where you live?  I would imagine that between Covid-19 and no tennis players, teams, volunteers, lines people, chair umps, etc. and no spectators that it must be feeling exceedingly quiet/empty in your area?  Don't know how much of a tennis fan you are or whether or not you've ever been lucky enough to get tickets to see any live tennis?

PD
Anyone missing the tennis?  Mandryka?

• Veteran member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2020, 08:14:03 AM »
Anyone here watching the US Open?

PD

• Veteran member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2020, 08:16:13 AM »
No one except me?  :(  For you British sports fans, I was very impressed by Andy Murray's comeback from two sets down to win his first match a couple of days ago.  Almost 4 1/2 hours!  A number of the players watched from their private suites (formerly sponsors' VIP suites) including Novak while fellow Brits were there I think to see how he was playing and to also lend support to their former No. 1.   :)

Nice to see a couple of Nordic players now in a match against each other:  Casper Ruud (a Norwegian player who I've seen play before) and a new-to-me Finnish player by the name of Emil Ruusuvuori.

PD

Offline Dry Brett Kavanaugh

• Currently Listening to:
    Eric Dolphy, Persian music, Sorabji, Scriabin, Sex Pistols
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2020, 07:11:32 PM »
No one except me?  :(  For you British sports fans, I was very impressed by Andy Murray's comeback from two sets down to win his first match a couple of days ago.  Almost 4 1/2 hours!  A number of the players watched from their private suites (formerly sponsors' VIP suites) including Novak while fellow Brits were there I think to see how he was playing and to also lend support to their former No. 1.   :)

Nice to see a couple of Nordic players now in a match against each other:  Casper Ruud (a Norwegian player who I've seen play before) and a new-to-me Finnish player by the name of Emil Ruusuvuori.

PD

I play tennis and I like watching tennis. Just the fanatical U.S. exceptionalism and Narcissism of the audience and commentators in the U.S. Open are not for me.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:14:07 PM by Dry Brett Kavanaugh »

• Veteran member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 06:52:46 AM »
Anyone here watching the Australian Open? 

PD

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Béla Bartók (1881 - 1945)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Magyar tánc a faluban
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2021, 06:28:58 PM »
My favorite game of tennis is in Debussy’s Jeux:

“Competitions are for horses, not artists.”

• Veteran member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2021, 05:08:51 AM »
Yes, that's a lovely work.  :)

Starting off the day watching some of No. 1 Novak Djokovic vs. the 'youngster' Sasha Zverev.

PD