What is this piano piece? Cannot rest until I find out!

Started by Surstromming, October 17, 2021, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surstromming

I want to find the original composer of this particular track: https://youtu.be/NCeWEwGNv08?t=792

EDIT: To clarify, the thing I want to know is the piano piece that plays from 13:12 - 14:00

It should cue up on the correct time stamp. If not, please fast forward to 13:12

Google wasn't any help, and no one I asked IRL had any clue. Please help me solve this!

MusicTurner

At 14:20 there's a couple of seconds from a J.S.Bach concerto, the 5th Brandenburg, cf. for example at 8:10 and 8:55 and 10:30 here,
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bach+brandenburg+5+&&view=detail&mid=389E3173D40814B517B3389E3173D40814B517B3&&FORM=VRDGAR

and I think your clip is very much an eclectic, 'modernized' variation on that one and other similar sources.

Surstromming

Thanks for replying @MusicTuner!

But to clarify, I'm only really interested to know the the piano piece which plays between 13:12 - 14:00

It's just a snippet of the original piece of course.
The album is a mashup of different classical pieces. But that's the one where I would really want to find out the name and composer of the original piece, so I can listen to the entire thing.

MusicTurner

The piece from 13:12 until 15:00 has one title only, Dance.
My personal opinion is that it may very well be a personal variation/improvisation inspired by the Bach work, since some of the patterns seem similar.

However I am not a musician.

But I don't recall hearing a classical piano piece with exactly those runs of notes - it may exist, of course.

Surstromming

Quote from: MusicTurner on October 17, 2021, 12:20:09 PM
The piece from 13:12 until 15:00 has one title only, Dance.

The album itself is "Mr Kindhoover". He does electronica mashups of classical pieces. Of course he names his tracks whatever he wants to  ;)
But I'm positive that piano snippet is a sample of some other composers work. Who is that original composer and what's the name of the piece? That's what I want to find out.

MusicTurner

Some people use the Shazam identifying service in such cases. Have you tried that?

Listening to the other tracks, there's not much direct quotation from works there either, if any (I only tried hearing a bit of it, say the so-callled Concerto pour Flute: none). But as said there is a direct quotation from the Bach work I mentioned.

Good luck.

Surstromming

Quote from: MusicTurner on October 17, 2021, 12:44:04 PM
Some people use the Shazam identifying service in such cases. Have you tried that?

Oh believe me, I've tried everything I could think of.
-Shazam and other similar music identification services (Pretty hopeless since the piano piece is mixed with a drum track)
-Searched through YouTube comments of the album, googled aimlessly
-Asked all of my friends who knows anything about classical music
-I even found the email of "Mr Kindhoover" and tried asking directly. No reply though  :-[

QuoteListening to the other tracks, there's not much direct quotation from works there either, if any (I only tried hearing a bit of it, say the so-callled Concerto pour Flute: none). But as said there is a direct quotation from the Bach work I mentioned.

Good luck.

This particular piano piece sounds much more modern to me. Sounds like maybe late ninteenth century? Just an uneducated guess though.

Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate it!

listener

"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Surstromming

Quote from: listener on October 28, 2021, 04:38:07 PM
Mozart: Rondo alla Turka

Thanks for throwing your hat in the ring :-)

However I must reiterate: I'm only interested in knowing the piano piece that starts playing at 13:12 minutes into the video.