Author Topic: Fiamma Izzo d'Amico  (Read 478 times)

Offline RobLewis

Fiamma Izzo d'Amico
« on: February 03, 2021, 05:49:16 AM »
Does anybody know, what happened to Fiamma Izzo d'Amico? I saw her Elisabetta (MET, 1986, Carreras, Furlanetto, von Karajan) and really loved her voice and portrayal. But after that haven't heard anything about her

Offline Wendell_E

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    mostly opera and chamber music
Re: Fiamma Izzo d'Amico
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 04:14:52 AM »
I could have sworn there was a thread about her here recently, but I can't find it. Maybe it was at another forum. I don't there was ever a satisfactory answer to what happened to her.

I think that Don Carlos was from the Salzburg Festival. It's available on DVD. Of those artists, only Furlanetto performed in the opera at the Met.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:34:41 PM by Wendell_E »
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

Offline ritter

• Veteran member
  • Raoul Dufy, "Tragédie, Comédie"
Re: Fiamma Izzo d'Amico
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 05:45:53 AM »
The Italian and Catalan Wikipedia pages on her say she retired from the operatic stage in the mid nineties, and since has made a career in film dubbing (her father, sisters and daughters are all involved in that industry). Una saga di doppiatori...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 05:50:17 AM by ritter »
ritter
-------------------------------------------------------------
« Je me suis rarement perdu de vue ; je me suis détesté, je me suis adoré ; puis, nous avons vieilli ensemble. »