Previous topic - Next topic

gprengel

This work wants to paint

- the rising of the sun,
- the sun beaming through the clouds and mirroring in a mountains brook,
- it's merciles power in the desert,
- it's life giving power and
- it's sunset at the end of a day.

Just as well it may describe the rise, splendour & passing of a man . . . 

http://gerdprengel.de/the_sun.mp3

Gerd

relm1

I really enjoyed it.  It will sound wonderful if performed live.  The only slight issue is the ending felt a bit sudden, it didn't feel like an ending to me.  Maybe needs another minute or two to feel more like a sunset at the end of a day.  Channel Sibelius...there would be a bit of catharsis or retrospection as the day fades to night rather than suddenly ending because it's night.  It also sounds quite practical, not too difficult to play or impractical instruments.  For example, requiring more than 3 percussionists cuts the number of orchestras that can perform it by 75%.  You should try to get a local community orchestra to play it.  I think orchestra, conductor, and audience will like it and that's a trifecta. 

vandermolen

I also enjoyed hearing this score which I found to be immediately engaging, upbeat, memorable and inspiriting. I agree that it would be great to hear live.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).