What is your great favorites album you listen religiously

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, March 01, 2021, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Did someone said Jachet De Mantoue aka Jacquet of Mantua, hailing from Britan, norden franken, great place for renaissance, great music, timeless moments... (Ensemble Jachet de Mantoue)

We had Crécquillon and  De mantua and lots more. (Brabant Ensemble)

Gombert ''a la coronation'' this is simply impressive , solid, monolithic in genius, all the ''hit are there. On some obscur label Bongiovanni.

What about otther stuff I spin a lot Robert White Lamentanion of Jeremiah, but heck it'S  The Clercks of Ockenford ensemble.

Ockeghem '' Missa Caput + motets Chansons'' and it's fabulous LP on Lirycord, Alejandro Planchart you don't wont to miss that.

Goudimel, Erato Release Le bien je j'ai missa, wwoaw amd plsams, major, does not get better than this.

R.D.A  Germany Aeterna label had a tremendously good, I cannot remenber title in German Minnsinger (singer poet, troubadour) something from 1960''.

Sigismondo D'india The fives centuries ensemble 1978 you don't know how good this album on Italiano Label , Italy import, written all in Italian. is outstanding effort done whit grace and refinement, classy music.

I almost did a capital sin, not naming one of my favorite recording ever, Manchicourt by Huelgas Ensemble, Paul Van Nevel deserve the best cigar on the planet, he genioso as director and his Ensemble no comment all been written. Yes believed me when I says it's that good.

Cato

Hmmm!

I often go through phases, where works which I have not heard for years will suddenly appear and be the only things I listen to for days or even a week or so!

e.g.

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

André Le Nôtre

Not a whole album--although the whole album is great--but the last short piece on Emil Gilels' Recital at Carnegie Hall LP, specifically the Bach-Siloti prelude. I FLAC-ed this LP years ago and often like to listen to this piece before going to bed. It is very peaceful and chorale-like, and a great favorite of Gilels himself.