The Music Room > Opera and Vocal

What Ballet Music Are You Listening To Now?

(1/6) > >>

OrchestralNut:
Well, here it is folks....... by popular demand, I am certain.  ;)

Our own thread dedicated to listening to ballet music!

Similar to the "What Opera Are You Listening..." thread, it seemed appropriate to recognize this music separately.

Happy Listening, Folks!  :)

OrchestralNut:
As for me, disc 5 of this marvelous set.

Weber - Invitation to the Dance (orchestrated by Berlioz)

Chopin - Les Sylphides (orchestrated by Roy Douglas)

Strauss family - Bal de Vienne from act II of Die Fledermaus

Luigini - *Ballet Egyptien

National Philharmonic Orchestra
*London Symphony Orchestra

Richard Bonynge

Florestan:
Not today but very recently, Swan Lake from this set.

Believe it or not, it was the first time I ever listened to the whole thing.

As an aside, why is a thread dealing with orchestral, non-vocal music filed under Opera and Vocal? ;D

OrchestralNut:

--- Quote from: Florestan on March 08, 2021, 12:47:54 PM ---Not today but very recently, Swan Lake from this set.

Believe it or not, it was the first time I ever listened to the whole thing.

As an aside, why is a thread dealing with orchestral, non-vocal music filed under Opera and Vocal? ;D

--- End quote ---

Looks like a mighty great recording there Andrei.

Well, the Opera and Vocal sub forum is kind of a catch-all for music for the stage or theatre, me thinks. Hence, why ballet music is included in this area.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Florestan on March 08, 2021, 12:47:54 PM ---As an aside, why is a thread dealing with orchestral, non-vocal music filed under Opera and Vocal? ;D

--- End quote ---

This is the very question I’ve encountered several times when posting a thread about a Debussy, Ravel, etc. ballet and here’s something to consider: under the ‘Opera and Vocal’ heading on the forum’s homepage, this section is described as the following:

This board is for discussion of all vocal, opera and staged music, including ballet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version