What highest price you pay for one single CD or LP no box-set?

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, June 09, 2021, 04:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Well what about a trend on this, you paid and were like, darn this is so expensive, than you  were oh no my wallet empty now , what have I done, I most be a mental case ?

MusicTurner

Some cases where I paid around 20 Euros, for a CD, the standard retail price, but that was long ago ... and a couple of instances where I accepted customs fees, adding to the price.

T. D.

I think the most I ever paid for a CD was around US$25 shipped, but that was in the prior millennium.
"In theory" I'd pay $25-30 shipped for something oop that I really want, but I haven't yet done so, though there are a couple of discs I'm on the fence about.
For example, many rare jazz CDs I'd like get limited-quantity Japanese releases for around $24.99 + shipping, but they always sell out before I can persuade myself to pay that amount!

71 dB

In the 90's I used to pay the asked price which was 100-130 mk (Finnish mark "markka") equating 17-22 euros.

Interned made me wanting cheaper music, so nowadays over 15 euros for a single CD feels awful and I don't pay over 20 euros for single CDs. That's why I will NEVER get a lot of Tangerine Dream music for example, but I accept this sad fact.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Irons

Not something I am proud of as an obscene amount to pay for four LP's. Embarrassed to say how much! Oddly, I have only played the set once as I feel happier and more relaxed listening to something picked up at a charity shop for a few quid.

L'Archet D'Or. Series Two 2003. https://www.coupdarchet.com/l-archet-d-or.html

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

steve ridgway

Not a crazy amount, maybe something like 30 pounds for some out of print "rock" album.