The Cat Thread

Started by John Copeland, February 27, 2009, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

drogulus

#480
    My current favorite internet cat is Tommy, partly because he doesn't meow quite right. It comes out like "nghheow", which is fine as far as it goes. He's always scuttling around like on a secret mission having something to do with chicken.

   
   
   
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0
      
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 Waterfox/56.6.2022.04

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: drogulus on November 18, 2022, 09:45:05 AM
     My current favorite internet cat is Tommy, partly because he doesn't meow quite right. It comes out like "nghheow", which is fine as far as it goes. He's always scuttling around like on a secret mission having something to do with chicken.

     https://www.youtube.com/v/zcrxQ-TDdhM

     
   
Cute! lol

Latest from Simon's Cat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FRWZTouT14

And this story of Bunny and Otter is quite touching:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c94CAIMSwk4

PD

LKB

Quote from: drogulus on November 18, 2022, 09:45:05 AM
     My current favorite internet cat is Tommy, partly because he doesn't meow quite right. It comes out like "nghheow", which is fine as far as it goes. He's always scuttling around like on a secret mission having something to do with chicken.

     https://www.youtube.com/v/zcrxQ-TDdhM

Not unlike myself...
     
   
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

drogulus


     Look at this beautiful chunkosaurus:

        
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0
      
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 Waterfox/56.6.2022.04

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: drogulus on November 23, 2022, 10:05:29 AMLook at this beautiful chunkosaurus:

         

Yes, a beautifully-patterned cat.  And, yes, I'm not seeing a waist (sadly).  :(

PD

Keemun

#485
I'm glad I found this thread.  :)  We have four cats of various ages.  Here is a photo of Simon, our most adventerous cat, going for a ride in the car.

*Edit:  Apparently attached photos are shown twice.  Sorry for the multiple Simon photos.

IMG_2170-2.jpg
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

vandermolen

Quote from: Keemun on November 25, 2022, 06:51:16 PMI'm glad I found this thread.  :)  We have four cats of various ages.  Here is a photo of Simon, our most adventerous cat, going for a ride in the car.

*Edit:  Apparently attached photos are shown twice.  Sorry for the multiple Simon photos.

IMG_2170-2.jpg
Simon is a very distinguished looking cat!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on November 25, 2022, 11:31:43 PMSimon is a very distinguished looking cat!
A lovely looking cat!  Are these general drive arounds and then back to home?  Or how does he deal with errands/trips?  Concerned that he might run away when the doors are opened...just asking and trying to figure out how your and his life work.

Best,

PD

p.s.  And still trying to figure out how to do a like here. ::)

p.p.s And he has beautiful coloring!  :)

LKB


Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 26, 2022, 01:16:48 PMA lovely looking cat!  Are these general drive arounds and then back to home?  Or how does he deal with errands/trips?  Concerned that he might run away when the doors are opened...just asking and trying to figure out how your and his life work.

Best,

PD

p.s.  And still trying to figure out how to do a like here. ::)

p.p.s And he has beautiful coloring!  :)

To " like " a post, hit the " thumbs up " symbol near the bottom- left corner. It's a toggle, so you can hit it again to " unlike " something if desired. 
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Pohjolas Daughter

Thank you!  :) I had thought that the thumbs up was someone else already liking the post! lol  Back to morning coffee for me.  ;)

PD

Keemun

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 26, 2022, 01:16:48 PMA lovely looking cat!  Are these general drive arounds and then back to home?  Or how does he deal with errands/trips?  Concerned that he might run away when the doors are opened...just asking and trying to figure out how your and his life work.

Best,

PD

p.s.  And still trying to figure out how to do a like here. ::)

p.p.s And he has beautiful coloring!  :)

Thank you for the compliments, everyone.  This was a short trip to pick up pizza.  I ran inside and left him in the car.  I don't take him on rides very often.  He leaves white fur all over the place, as my wife pointed out to me (that was in her car).
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Pohjolas Daughter



Can you figure out who this gentleman is?

PD

absolutelybaching

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 04, 2022, 02:43:53 AM

Can you figure out who this gentleman is?

PD

Mark Twain, by the looks of things. Wasn't aware he was a kitten fanatic, though!
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. (Benjamin Britten)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 04, 2022, 03:43:20 AMMark Twain, by the looks of things. Wasn't aware he was a kitten fanatic, though!

Yes, it's of Mark Twain (who apparently was a major cat fan; so much so that when he traveled he rented kittens--as he couldn't bring his own cats along with him)!  I've found a number of photos of him with his kittens or cats.  He also was a dog fan (Shush).  :)

I love this quote:  "If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

PD

p.s.  More here...I wonder who that gentleman is next to him (both covered with cats!)?:  https://pictures-of-cats.org/10-photographs-of-mark-twain-with-his-cats.html

absolutelybaching

#494
Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 04, 2022, 05:09:05 AMYes, it's of Mark Twain (who apparently was a major cat fan; so much so that when he traveled he rented kittens--as he couldn't bring his own cats along with him)!  I've found a number of photos of him with his kittens or cats.  He also was a dog fan (Shush).  :)

I love this quote:  "If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

PD

p.s.  More here...I wonder who that gentleman is next to him (both covered with cats!)?:  https://pictures-of-cats.org/10-photographs-of-mark-twain-with-his-cats.html

I can't really tell, but to me it looks like Teddy Roosevelt. But since Twain is on record as having called Teddy the worst president America had ever had (clearly, he was around before 2016!), I don't imagine he actually socialised with him to that extent!!

Lovely quote here: ""Mr. Roosevelt is the most formidable disaster that has befallen the country since the Civil War – but the vast mass of the nation loves him, is frantically fond of him, even idolizes him. This is the simple truth. It sounds like a libel upon the intelligence of the human race, but it isn't; there isn't any way to libel the intelligence of the human race."

Plus ça change, indeed.

So I have no idea, basically.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. (Benjamin Britten)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 04, 2022, 05:18:57 AMI can't really tell, but to me it looks like Teddy Roosevelt. But since Twain is on record as having called Teddy the worst president America had ever had (clearly, he was around before 2016!), I don't imagine he actually socialised with him to that extent!!

Lovely quote here: ""Mr. Roosevelt is the most formidable disaster that has befallen the country since the Civil War – but the vast mass of the nation loves him, is frantically fond of him, even idolizes him. This is the simple truth. It sounds like a libel upon the intelligence of the human race, but it isn't; there isn't any way to libel the intelligence of the human race."

Plus ça change, indeed.

So I have no idea, basically.
I tried doing a google image search.  It found the photo, but when I clicked on the site link, no further info there.  He does look to be well off (clothing-wise, hat and highly polished shoes).  Perhaps a fellow writer?  At least another cat lover in any event!  ;D

Another good quote from Twain:  "If man could be crossed with a cat, it would improve man, but deteriorate the cat."

PD

vandermolen

The England team have befriended a cat in Qatar
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on December 04, 2022, 01:03:24 PMThe England team have befriended a cat in Qatar

Two from what I could see (checking online).  "Dave" and "Paul".  Perhaps they are permanent "guests" of the hotel, restaurant, or somebody nearby?  Nice of the players though to share their food with them.

PD