The AFL / Aussie Rules Thread

Started by Papy Oli, April 01, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on September 24, 2022, 08:26:47 AM
From the Geelong twitter account:

"Too old, too slow, too good 👴🏻🏆 The cup will look great down at the retirement home #Untameable"

:laugh:

Lol. That's funny!
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

Twitter was trolling me earlier in the week.

In the Explore/For You area where you select some topics of choice (viral tweets, funny tweets, etc), Geelong came up as an option, which I selected. It worked for a day or two, appearing in that page as expected....then it disappeared.

Twitter always throws in a couple of suggested topics and when I got to the bottom of my selected topics, what did they decide to throw in ??

@%$@$@$ COLLINGWOOD !!!  >:D

Olivier

Holden

Quote from: Papy Oli on September 25, 2022, 01:55:39 AM
Twitter was trolling me earlier in the week.

In the Explore/For You area where you select some topics of choice (viral tweets, funny tweets, etc), Geelong came up as an option, which I selected. It worked for a day or two, appearing in that page as expected....then it disappeared.

Twitter always throws in a couple of suggested topics and when I got to the bottom of my selected topics, what did they decide to throw in ??

@%$@$@$ COLLINGWOOD !!!  >:D

Couldn't agree more about Collingwood
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Quote from: Holden on September 26, 2022, 01:45:14 AM
Couldn't agree more about Collingwood

That Collingwood thing has popped up again despite hiding it. I am now officially with the rest of Australia disliking them (I am keeping it polite)  >:(
Olivier

Madiel

I missed it yesterday, but Joel Selwood has announced his retirement.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

I saw glimpses of it on twitter, what impressive stats he has ! Chris Scott was really struggling to hold back the tears during the press conference.

When asked if Selwood's retirement would release a large chunk of the salary cap, the Geelong press officer I assume said "we are not going there".

Scott interjected and said "I want to go there actually, I'm going rogue if you don't mind. Joel's departure will actually not release that much of a salary cap to be honest. With his experience and calibre, he could have taken the club to the cleaners salary-wise for many years and he never did. That's testament to the man and his attachment to the club." And Scott got a bit emotional again  :)

Olivier

Papy Oli

Apparently Selwood got a standing ovation from all journalists at the end of the press conference, that's a nice touch.

Another nice story is his celebration with a Geelong water boy he spotted in the crowd after the grand final, brought him on the pitch, let him go wild with his medal. He even called the kid's mum from the kid's mobile to let her know he was fine, on the pitch and the team would take him back to the club safe and well themselves.

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1574191938479091712?t=3lazoyp1l_Ty_y28WHegdw&s=19

Beyond that, he took that same kid as his guest to a medal ceremony yesterday or the day before as well.

Nice stories. Nice guy indeed.
Olivier

Madiel

Indeed, his reputation is pretty impeccable all around. He's achieved a remarkable amount in his career and he's been thought of highly as a person at the same time.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on September 29, 2022, 03:50:42 AM
Indeed, his reputation is pretty impeccable all around. He's achieved a remarkable amount in his career and he's been thought of highly as a person at the same time.

Looks like I haven't picked a bad footy club after all  8)
Olivier

Papy Oli

Essendon have appointed a new coach that doesn't half look like Chris Scott...

Wait.. He's called Brad...Scott...

Oh they're brothers... That explains it...

and also Twins... well, it makes sense. The more you know...  :laugh:

(And double premiers with the Lions, nice one!)

Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on September 29, 2022, 11:23:23 PM

Essendon have appointed a new coach that doesn't half look like Chris Scott...

Wait.. He's called Brad...Scott...

Oh they're brothers... That explains it...

and also Twins... well, it makes sense. The more you know...  :laugh:

(And double premiers with the Lions, nice one!)

Ha. Yeah. He's been away for a few years so you've missed the double act.

Papy Oli

Apparently nicknamed the Kray Brothers at the time. I guess they were the caring and affectionate kind of players  :laugh:
Olivier

Papy Oli

Olivier

Madiel

Oh dear God. Wrong kind of football right now!  :o  ;D

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on December 04, 2022, 03:35:50 AMOh dear God. Wrong kind of football right now!  :o  ;D

bit early yes... there is an important 6-Nations tournament to fit in before that as well.. but I couldn't resist  ;D
Olivier

Papy Oli

Olivier

Madiel

...wait until the tennis is over, Melbourne isn't interested right now!

Papy Oli

Melbourne needs to get a wiggle on...  ;D
Olivier

Papy Oli

Olivier