The AFL / Aussie Rules Thread

Started by Papy Oli, April 01, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on May 07, 2021, 03:41:55 AM
A minute ago, after the most recent goal, I thought "oh boy, Olivier is really going to be hooked on this sport now".  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

leading by 33 means nothing

leading by 34 means nothing

It feels effin' good though...

*breathes*

Am I too old to have a Cameron and an Hawkins poster in the bedroom ? Not sure how my beloved would take it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Olivier

Holden

Last week was double points round in my local pub's tipping competition. Not a good time to only pick four games. The one plus is that very few others picked the upset results either but I have dropped a bit further behind the leader.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

The uncertainty of it all is just mind boggling.

The timeline of GWS v Essendon earlier on is a case in point. They were up +30 in Q1, back down to +4 or 5 in Q2, up +30 in Q3 and only eventually won with +2  :o

yep, 30 points means nothing...
Olivier

Papy Oli

Guess whose idea it was to book one's 2nd vaccine jab slap bang in the middle of Q2 of Saints v Cats later this morning ??? get your priorities right, man...  ;D

Go Cats !!  0:)
Olivier

Madiel

Good grief. And I haven't even been bothering watching, I've been catching up on last night's Premier League instead...

The sporting grass is always greener somewhere else.

But the halftime score, hmmm.... St Kilda by 3 points.  But as it's 3.11(29) to 4.2(26), it appears that St Kilda is generously avoiding kicking goals. That may return to bite them.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on May 14, 2021, 03:04:42 AM
Good grief. And I haven't even been bothering watching, I've been catching up on last night's Premier League instead...

The sporting grass is always greener somewhere else.

But the halftime score, hmmm.... St Kilda by 3 points.  But as it's 3.11(29) to 4.2(26), it appears that St Kilda is generously avoiding kicking goals. That may return to bite them.

They were 0.7(7) after Q1, we were let off the hook really. And biting them in the end it did, thankfully.

Back home in time for Q3, a scrappy game but a good 4 pts in the bag.

Holden's team for us next weekend  8)
Olivier

Papy Oli

Looks like a fairly steady win for the Cats against the Suns earlier today, based on the timeline. I'll catch this one up tomorrow once the AFL Website has uploaded it.

Melbourne and Richmond losing are good surprises  8)
Olivier

Madiel

I wasn't surprised by Richmond losing. Melbourne, on the other hand... well no-one in my office competition picked it.

I've not being paying much attention. With Eurovision I have my hands full.  :laugh:
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Madiel

Papy Oli

Aaah waking up to a Geelong victory result.

Good times (Even if Brisbane overtook us in the ladder)  8)

and G'day !  ;D
Olivier

Papy Oli

I now know that I don't like a weekend with a "Bye"  >:(
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 04, 2021, 04:40:56 AM
I now know that I don't like a weekend with a "Bye"  >:(

Lol. But it gives players a rest, and injured players more time to get back.

Papy Oli

Yay it's game day !!!

For you at least  :P
Olivier

Papy Oli

Pretty good, very close game so far.

Good recovery from -21 to + 3 at half time for Geelong. That made the crowd quiet at least.
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 09, 2021, 02:42:30 PM
Yay it's game day !!!

For you at least  :P

Frankly you knew before I did. I trust you enjoyed.

Papy Oli

Very good game, got it on BT broadcast up here.

Geelong stepped it up gradually after going 21 behind to take it over the line, but I was still very nervous at +15 with only 3 minutes to go  :laugh:

Bulldogs in our next game, it's going to be a tough one again.

Olivier

Madiel

I note in passing that my sister is thoroughly unimpressed by your decision to select Geelong as the team you identify with.  :laugh:

Papy Oli

I could be smug but that will come back and bite me, so I'll keep shtum   0:)

(PS: I am sorry if her neck strains, looking us up the ladder though...   :laugh: )
Olivier

Papy Oli

Dare I ask about the weekly tipping/pools competition ? A few "red L" in the top half of the ladder in this last round ???

A certainly tasty Cats v Bulldogs to come later this week... we have a green streak to defend  8)
Olivier

Madiel

You may dare to ask, so long as I may burst into tears.  ;)