The AFL / Aussie Rules Thread

Started by Papy Oli, April 01, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on July 01, 2021, 04:16:45 AM
Whaaaat??!!

Hell's bells. What has happened to Richmond?

And no, no-one in the office tipping picked Gold Coast.

It opens it all up doesn't it...
Olivier

Holden

Quote from: Madiel on July 01, 2021, 04:16:45 AM
Whaaaat??!!

Hell's bells. What has happened to Richmond?

And no, no-one in the office tipping picked Gold Coast.

Even I didn't tip them
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Ugly win for Geelong at Carlton tonight, made only comfortable in late Q3 & Q4. That will do.

Listened to the second half on one of the radios on the AFL website (a local Geelong one, based on the commercial ads. I need to go on Princess way for expert advice on furniture apparently  :laugh: ). It does make more sense now than a few weeks ago, now I know most of the Cat's names  ;D

One downside, Rohan got injured. With Cameron already missing, it could be a tough one with Fremantle and Richmond coming next.
Olivier

Papy Oli

Even the Geelong commentators couldn't stop laughing about this one :

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1413773124986818561

:laugh:
Olivier

Madiel

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Madiel

I officially do not understand this year's competition.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

wow, another defeat by Richmond  ???

oh that timeline in Q4 !! it's nearly worthy of an English batting collapse  :laugh:

Quick count: 16 defeats in the last 40 games by the top 8 teams. Lack of consistency indeed.

Olivier

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on July 11, 2021, 01:11:47 AM
I officially do not understand this year's competition.

you were saying ?  :laugh:

North Melbourne has scored 6 more points than Richmond in their last 5 games...  :-X
Olivier

Madiel

Papy Oli

I know this won't last but hey-ho...

TOP OF THE LADDER !!!  8)

A strong good win today.
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 15, 2021, 04:51:29 AM
I know this won't last but hey-ho...

TOP OF THE LADDER !!!  8)

A strong good win today.

I wasn't following, busy listening to Shostakovich instead.  ;D  But yes, that win gives Geelong a percentage boost.

The scheduling of the rest of the round is in a bit of chaos as Victoria is going into lockdown again. Not nearly as many COVID cases as New South Wales but the Victorian government is considerably less keen to take a chance.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on July 15, 2021, 05:05:22 AM
I wasn't following, busy listening to Shostakovich instead.  ;D  But yes, that win gives Geelong a percentage boost.

The scheduling of the rest of the round is in a bit of chaos as Victoria is going into lockdown again. Not nearly as many COVID cases as New South Wales but the Victorian government is considerably less keen to take a chance.

indeed, we'll take it. Now for an early Christmas, I just would kindly ask Holden's team to do an upset against the Bulldogs. That'd be nice  0:)

I obviously don't look at all the details of the fixtures or news on this matter but from what I have glimpsed on the AFL site, they sure don't mess about in changing to empty stadiums or shifting the games and chartering teams around. 
Olivier

Madiel

No, they do it very quickly, but I would think it's still quite disruptive to preparations. Geelong already went through one of the more spectacular versions where they ended up spending hours at the ground and sleeping under tables etc.

Madiel

Well I won this week's tipping!  ;D

Though the results didn't stop being bizarre. A draw between Melbourne and Hawthorn?? And the GWS v Sydney game might have a final scoreline you expect, but GWS lost after establishing a 5-goal lead in the first quarter.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on July 18, 2021, 03:50:03 AM
Well I won this week's tipping!  ;D

Though the results didn't stop being bizarre. A draw between Melbourne and Hawthorn?? And the GWS v Sydney game might have a final scoreline you expect, but GWS lost after establishing a 5-goal lead in the first quarter.

Congrats  ;D 

It's just all over the shop. Essendon in 8th now after their diabolical start of season, and 6 teams in contention for that last spot.

Exciting stuff ahead  8)
Olivier

Papy Oli

Can they make another smidgen of an effort on the timing on Geelong-Richmond Sunday at all please ?

6.20am is better than 4.30am but it is a Sunday morning...another hour would be acceptable :P

(this is obviously tongue in cheek, glad at least there is a game given the circumstances  :) )
Olivier

Holden

This weekends round is actually a combination of some of the games from rounds 19 & 20 with the others from those two rounds to hopefully be played next week. All this is covid related of course with parts of Melbourne in lockdown.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

guess who got up at 6.20am to watch a game of AFL on a Sunday...  :blank:

Nevermind that Olympics stuff...

I'd rather watch the face of the Richmond coach gets increasingly irate as the score ticks along...  >:D

Note to self: 41 pts at H-T means nothing  0:)
Olivier

Papy Oli

That ladder looks sweet...  8)

Woke up at half time so I missed the Cats being at -31...they like to make it hard for themselves  :-X

Next week's final game against Melbourne could be interesting. It seems Port Adelaide is the team to avoid right in week one of the play offs...
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on August 14, 2021, 02:30:12 AM
That ladder looks sweet...  8)

Woke up at half time so I missed the Cats being at -31...they like to make it hard for themselves  :-X

Next week's final game against Melbourne could be interesting. It seems Port Adelaide is the team to avoid right in week one of the play offs...

Port Adelaide has failed to beat any of the other contenders. It beats all the lower teams, but in the big matches it falls over.

My tipping last week was completely chaotic. This week is looking marginally better, but it would really help if someone could explain what happened to the Western Bulldogs lately.