Started by Papy Oli, April 01, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papy Oli

Bumpity bump !

It's back ! At last.

Can't wait for that siren tomorrow morning (tonight for the locals)  :laugh:

Olivier

Madiel

Aargh. I have to put my tips in. I have no clue.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Madiel

Oh good grief, and the first match I have to tip is the grand final replay??? Too much.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Holden

Did my tips an hour ago and basically went with the status with the Demons to beat the Doggies. my other picks are

Richmond
St Kilda (the Pies always manage to bite me on the ass if I don't pick them then don't win when I do - no wonder I hate them
Geelong
Sydney (that might be close)
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Freeo (even though they are playing away)
Gold Coast - with my heart not my head

The number of times I've had a crap first round and it's really hard to make it up.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

First game of the season and it is already high paced, topsy-turvy scoring and full of mullets.

Welcome back indeed!  8)

How are my geriatric Cats supposed to cope with such a pace already ???
Olivier

Madiel

Well my tipping record for the season is currently 100%, so that's nice.

I think the really big question for this season is... will Olivier succeed in increasing the AFL supporter base in his local area?  ;D

Holden

One for one so far but at 22 points down it wasn't looking promising.
Cheers

Holden

Madiel

As of tonight I am top of my office tipping competition.

If it just lasts until the end of the weekend...

I'm actually known for winning either the first or the last week of the season. Just not many in between!

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on March 16, 2022, 03:57:08 AM
I think the really big question for this season is... will Olivier succeed in increasing the AFL supporter base in his local area?  ;D

Not really sure about that  :laugh:

My partner walked in the living room first thing this morning when I already had Carlton-Richmond on. First reaction: "Has the Aussie Rules already restarted ?!? You'll be happy like a pig in the proverbial every weekend, won't you, now that the Six Nations are nearly over !!"

She hasn't realised yet she will now hear me humming the Geelong song every week until September as well...again ! :laugh:

PS: Quite a result for Carlton this morning/evening btw.   
Olivier

Papy Oli

Quote from: Holden on March 16, 2022, 05:24:40 PM
One for one so far but at 22 points down it wasn't looking promising.

Did you get the Carlton one as well, Holden?

Quote from: Madiel on March 17, 2022, 03:21:14 AM
As of tonight I am top of my office tipping competition.
If it just lasts until the end of the weekend...
I'm actually known for winning either the first or the last week of the season. Just not many in between!

Quick, print and frame that office tipping table! That will be a lovely personal decoration in your new home!  :laugh:  :P
Olivier

Holden

I'm now one from two and hoping for better results this weekend.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Geelong had quite a solid start to the season earlier on, with a nice % to boot. 4 for Hawkins and Stengle. We'll take that!

Half of the Essendon goals were scored by a rookie, who wasn't in the AFL at Christmas ! He is so rookie, the AFL hasn't got a picture for him yet  ;D

Olivier

Madiel

Didn't follow that game, but after 4 games... still on top of the office tipping! The consequences of having faith in St Kilda have not been severe. Because both of the people who correctly tipped Collingwood then went on to wrongly tip Essendon.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on March 19, 2022, 12:34:17 AM
Didn't follow that game, but after 4 games... still on top of the office tipping! The consequences of having faith in St Kilda have not been severe. Because both of the people who correctly tipped Collingwood then went on to wrongly tip Essendon.

That will teach them  >:D  :laugh:
Olivier

Madiel

Yup.

And I'm guaranteed to stay on top after Brisbane/Port Adelaide because every single person tipped Brisbane. Either we're all correct or all incorrect.

Papy Oli

All correct, it is then  8)

that wouldn't be you celebrating on the baby grand, would it ?  :laugh:

Olivier

Madiel

Given that I'm only ahead from pick-the-margin on the first match, no...

Papy Oli

Geelong have a bigger focus than that "1000" Buddy Franklin business  :laugh:

Go Cats!  8)
Olivier

Papy Oli

Not our day. It never felt like we ever were really in the game. Collingwood next week.

The aerial view of the pitch invasion on Franklin's 1,000th goal is quite a sight !!  8)

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1507320300068765696
Olivier

Holden

1 from 2 after last night - sorry Papy, I backed the Swans. One mistake I might have made was assuming that the Eagles would be back closer to full strength only to read that they want the game postponed. I mean, Norths will be the easybeats this year but 14 players missing???? Even North Melbourne can take advantage of that.
Cheers

Holden