The AFL / Aussie Rules Thread

Started by Papy Oli, April 01, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel

I couldn't see that one, but did see a brief end-of-game sequence (they showed it at quarter time during the Sydney v St Kilda game).

Unfortunately, correctly tipping Geelong wasn't that important for the office competition. All the leading people also tipped Geelong. The bigger issue is that I tipped Brisbane on Thursday...

EDIT: Also, Geelong is now 2nd on the ladder.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on June 25, 2022, 02:20:17 AM
EDIT: Also, Geelong is now 2nd on the ladder.

All good as long as we don't collapse early in the finals.

(We need to bring Granny home, I've waited long enough  :P  8) )
Olivier

Papy Oli

Wow, annihilated the Roos this morning. Nice one. Let's make it 7? wins in a row against the Dees next week  >:D

I'll leave the tipping to both of you on this one  :laugh:
Olivier

Holden

The weekend before was a poor one for me and I really needed to get all nine correct to earn double points in a double points round - 72 points. Didn't happen.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

I completely forgot Geelong played today...and we beat Melbourne. I know what I'll be watching tomorrow !!

Top of the ladder !  8)
Olivier

Madiel

And I completely forgot to watch it. Darn.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

What a tense game this morning  :o

+34 at HT, - 6 at Q3, winning by two Hawkins goals at the end. Port Adelaide really bullied us around the ground in Q3, Charlie Dixon looked like a man possessed !!

Geelong showed great composure and resilience in Q4 to see this one out. 9 wins in a row and still top of the ladder. That'll do  8)
Olivier

Madiel

Yeah. I tipped Port Adelaide.

None of the other leaders of the office tipping did.

I am no longer the leader of the office tipping...

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on July 23, 2022, 04:00:19 AM
Yeah. I tipped Port Adelaide.

None of the other leaders of the office tipping did.

I am no longer the leader of the office tipping...

I find your lack of trust in Geelong somewhat disappointing...

>:D
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 23, 2022, 04:18:05 AM
I find your lack of trust in Geelong somewhat disappointing...

>:D

Hehe. It was in Adelaide and pretty much a must win game for Port. I thought they would be supercharged.

And now Melbourne has lost.

Papy Oli

Another job well done this weekend  8)

10th win a row for Geelong and Collingwood too. The Swans are bouncing back up as well. Quite a nice feeling to remain top of a tight ladder like that.

What's the view in the Aussie media about the Cats' current general performance level ? Just waiting to see if they don't disappoint again in the finals ?
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 30, 2022, 04:24:23 AM
Another job well done this weekend  8)

10th win a row for Geelong and Collingwood too. The Swans are bouncing back up as well. Quite a nice feeling to remain top of a tight ladder like that.

What's the view in the Aussie media about the Cats' current general performance level ? Just waiting to see if they don't disappoint again in the finals ?

Guess who was the only person in the office tipping to get BOTH of the first 2 games wrong. Collingwood still didn't crack. Sigh.

To be honest I don't pay enough attention to the AFL-obsessed parts of the media (read: Melbourne). The snippets I've heard certainly seem impressed with Geelong. How could you not be? Yes, some of those games have been against lesser teams but there's also some good solid victories there.

EDIT: Gee, you massacred them in the 3rd quarter! I'd seen that Geelong were behind, but I didn't realise most of the turnaround happened in one quarter.

Papy Oli

Did Brisbane throw a spanner in your tipping works as well ?  :blank:  ;D

Geelong couldn't cope with the dogs' pace and constant pressure in Q1 & some of Q2 but they never seemed to panic and suddenly they turned the tables around and just crushed them at their own game. Quite a display.
Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 31, 2022, 03:03:22 AM
Did Brisbane throw a spanner in your tipping works as well ?  :blank:  ;D

Yes. Did the other top contenders all tip Richmond? YES.

It's been a disaster of a round for me.

Papy Oli

17.8 (110) to 10.5 (65) against St Kilda.

That'll do.

Ruthless.
Olivier

Madiel

I just watched Melbourne v Carlton.

The drama of this sport is amazing. 15 seconds left in a match that's been close for the whole 2 hours, in front of a packed screaming stadium, and...

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on August 13, 2022, 04:10:02 AM
I just watched Melbourne v Carlton.

The drama of this sport is amazing. 15 seconds left in a match that's been close for the whole 2 hours, in front of a packed screaming stadium, and...

And... The Dees salvage the remnants of your disastrous tipping ?  :P  :laugh:

Sorry to Holden for this morning's result. Only saw the first half, another Cats' confident display.
Olivier

Madiel

The tipping didn't matter because everyone tipped Melbourne. I could just be excited.

Papy Oli

So you can !

I'll have to check out the highlights of this one tonight or tomorrow.
Olivier

Holden

Quote from: Papy Oli on August 13, 2022, 05:08:29 AM
And... The Dees salvage the remnants of your disastrous tipping ?  :P  :laugh:

Sorry to Holden for this morning's result. Only saw the first half, another Cats' confident display.

Metricon Stadium is about a three minute drive from my local watering hole and there were some die hard Suns supporters in the bar yesterday arvo before heading off to the match plus a family all wearing Cats gear except for their little five year old girl.

So who did I back in the tipping? The head ruled the heart in this instance
Cheers

Holden