Author Topic: What highest price you pay for one single CD or LP no box-set?  (Read 406 times)

Offline deprofundis

• Veteran member
  • Hello folks
  • Currently Listening to:
    classical, skronk-jazz, blues, electro, noise, ambient, experimental etc
Well what about a trend on this, you paid and were like, darn this is so expensive, than you  were oh no my wallet empty now , what have I done, I most be a mental case ?
Hello  wear your green clothing and brown vest whit proud , walk whit a cane, beat up giants lol Just kidding LOL,  folks don't go balistic against us please we are persecuted everywhere... but we have giant under our power to help us we know all about Loftus Halls Mansion We built the darn thing?

Online MusicTurner

• Veteran member
Re: What highest price you pay for one single CD or LP no box-set?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:06:20 PM »
Some cases where I paid around 20 Euros, for a CD, the standard retail price, but that was long ago ... and a couple of instances where I accepted customs fees, adding to the price.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:08:50 PM by MusicTurner »

Offline T. D.

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 07:05:31 PM »
I think the most I ever paid for a CD was around US$25 shipped, but that was in the prior millennium.
"In theory" I'd pay $25-30 shipped for something oop that I really want, but I haven't yet done so, though there are a couple of discs I'm on the fence about.
For example, many rare jazz CDs I'd like get limited-quantity Japanese releases for around $24.99 + shipping, but they always sell out before I can persuade myself to pay that amount!

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • Too late. Too little.
    • Soundcloud
    I am revisiting my CD collection.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 01:56:07 AM »
In the 90's I used to pay the asked price which was 100-130 mk (Finnish mark "markka") equating 17-22 euros.

Interned made me wanting cheaper music, so nowadays over 15 euros for a single CD feels awful and I don't pay over 20 euros for single CDs. That's why I will NEVER get a lot of Tangerine Dream music for example, but I accept this sad fact.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW track "Yin Yang"

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 06:33:19 AM »
Not something I am proud of as an obscene amount to pay for four LP's. Embarrassed to say how much! Oddly, I have only played the set once as I feel happier and more relaxed listening to something picked up at a charity shop for a few quid.

L'Archet D'Or. Series Two 2003. https://www.coupdarchet.com/l-archet-d-or.html

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline steve ridgway

• Veteran member
    The museum of musical modernism
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 06:46:45 AM »
Not a crazy amount, maybe something like 30 pounds for some out of print "rock" album.