Announcements > GMG News

GMG --- Friends, Inc.

<< < (28/31) > >>

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: Florestan on April 13, 2021, 11:25:08 PM ---Actually, it was exactly the other way around: he told numerous people (especially Americans) on numerous occasions "You're not German/Austrian, therefore you know, and can know, nothing about the true spirit of the German/Austrian music".

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Herman on April 13, 2021, 11:43:20 PM ---That's not how I remember it, and I have no need to remember him as a bad person.

--- End quote ---

Actually, Andrej is correct here, which I only say because I was perforce heavily involved in the affair at the time. However, I have no need to remember him as a bad person either, I never thought he was. He had no tolerance for opinions which were incongruent with his own.  His opinions were usually worth defending, so I can't blame him for that. The problem arose from the unrelenting brutality with which he dealt with his perceived adversary. I was sorry to see it end as it did, but there have to be some constraints on behavior to maintain civility.  😕

🤠😎

Herman:

--- Quote from: Gurn Blanston on April 14, 2021, 04:50:19 AM ---However, I have no need to remember him as a bad person either, I never thought he was. He had no tolerance for opinions which were incongruent with his own.  His opinions were usually worth defending, so I can't blame him for that.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the problem was the discrepancy in insight / knowledge. Michael probably could deal very well with another (freelance or fulltime) Berlin Philharmonic musician disagreeing with him. He just had a big problem (over time) having to deal with laymen disagreeing with him.

Like I said, over here and especially at RMCR vast numbers of professionals have left because of this probem and the question of whether you want to spend your time this way.

There are probably top secret forums for music professionals now.

Florestan:

--- Quote from: Gurn Blanston on April 14, 2021, 04:50:19 AM ---Actually, Andrej is correct here, which I only say because I was perforce heavily involved in the affair at the time.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Gurn. My memory is still intact, it seems, as opposed to others'...

Cato:

--- Quote from: DaveF on April 13, 2021, 08:06:24 AM ---
I don't think anyone so far has mentioned snyprrr - I was never sure whether he was from Planet Earth at all, or the inhabitant of some Trans-Neptunian Object who had just hacked into our terrestrial internet.  We talked about home-made pizza once - that was when he had a home, as (if his posts were to be believed) he spent a spell living on the streets.  I think there were a lot of quite unsavoury opinions hidden in his stream-of-consciousness posts.

--- End quote ---

SNYPRR!  A most manic and curious character!   0:)

"Stream-of-consciousness posts" is right: at times it was a stream of something.... ;)   

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: Herman on April 14, 2021, 05:18:57 AM ---Maybe the problem was the discrepancy in insight / knowledge. Michael probably could deal very well with another (freelance or fulltime) Berlin Philharmonic musician disagreeing with him. He just had a big problem (over time) having to deal with laymen disagreeing with him.

Like I said, over here and especially at RMCR vast numbers of professionals have left because of this probem and the question of whether you want to spend your time this way.

There are probably top secret forums for music professionals now.

--- End quote ---

That would be a great thing!  😊

My great friend, Lis  (Uffeviking) used to say "don't be concerned about Michael, he is just a normal German male.  As a German woman, she had a unique perspective which I can't dispute. However, the irony completely escaped her: the view that all normal German males acted like boorish ars'le's at the drop of a hat. I've dealt with a great many of them, here and elsewhere who were perfectly reasonable and civil, even in exigent circumstances. So, your professional musician theory probably is more likely. That said, I've dealt with many of them, too, with no problem. So maybe he was just uniquely M? 😳

🤠😎

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version