Announcements > GMG News

GMG --- Friends, Inc.

<< < (31/31)

Spotted Horses:

--- Quote from: foxandpeng on April 29, 2021, 02:20:30 AM ---This thread was the one that prompted me to re-register again properly, and to say hello after such a long time. I really appreciate the way you all view the forum. I'm also registered on other fora, but I visit here far more frequently than other places. I confess that one of my dim and distant conversations with Sean led me to stop contributing, but I was less resilient then, due to a tough patch. I still probably won't add much, but I do enjoy learning here.

The poster formerly known as Pencils..

--- End quote ---

Pencils rings a bell.

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: philoctetes on May 01, 2021, 08:06:08 AM ---Returning to the topic at hand, it is thanks to this forum that I was able to meet two righteous dudes (Corey and Nigel), sadly (or not) who are no longer part of this forum, but I am very glad to have met both of them, even if I knew them only for a short time. They also (wittingly or unwittingly) allowed me to understand a part of myself that was either previously unknown to me (or denied by me, but I suspect it is probably more the former than the latter).

:)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing.

Iota:
To 71 dB -

Fwiw, I think bloody-minded persistence in the face of widespread opposition can be an admirable virtue at times, though I'm not sure a politics thread on a music forum is necessarily one of those times. But I think you're an honest person without guile, which to me are very valuable qualities, and in certain things you talk with great authority and clarity, hi fi/audio being one example, where there's nobody's opinion I'd respect more.

--- Quote from: philoctetes on May 01, 2021, 08:06:08 AM ---Returning to the topic at hand, it is thanks to this forum that I was able to meet two righteous dudes (Corey and Nigel), sadly (or not) who are no longer part of this forum, but I am very glad to have met both of them, even if I knew them only for a short time. They also (wittingly or unwittingly) allowed me to understand a part of myself that was either previously unknown to me (or denied by me, but I suspect it is probably more the former than the latter).

:)

--- End quote ---

That's a heartening story, nice to hear.  :)

71 dB:

--- Quote from: Iota on May 01, 2021, 09:57:30 AM ---To 71 dB -

Fwiw, I think bloody-minded persistence in the face of widespread opposition can be an admirable virtue at times, though I'm not sure a politics thread on a music forum is necessarily one of those times. But I think you're an honest person without guile, which to me are very valuable qualities, and in certain things you talk with great authority and clarity, hi fi/audio being one example, where there's nobody's opinion I'd respect more.
--- End quote ---

These are kind and thoughtful words! Thank you Iota! Much appreciated!  0:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version