Greetings and Salutations

Started by VonStupp, May 22, 2021, 03:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonStupp

Good Day to you all! It looks like I am 14 years too late on joining this forum, but hopefully I can make up for lost time.

I am a symphonic choral lover and have worked with choruses throughout my life. I have used GMG as a reference point for finding new recordings and composers and I look forward to joining the cause. Having recently moved, I realized my physical media collection was a lot larger than I remembered, much to my wife's chagrin, and so I am going through my back catalog right now to see if my memories of recordings retain their virtues. Plus it is easier on the wallet to go back and revisit than purchase and explore, despite my long wish list!

I look forward to the good fight that is classical music listening!
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

steve ridgway

Hello and welcome. Yes, the clutter does suddenly become obvious when one wants to move house. :-[

Papy Oli

Olivier

Mirror Image

Pohjolas Daughter

Welcome!  I hope that you enjoy your time on here.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Welcome aboard. You are very welcome. I see that you are already actively contributing which is great  :)

Iota

Welcome, VonStupp! I look forward to your contributions!  :)

Brahmsian

VonStupp

Thanks everyone! If I am being dumb or obtuse, a sharp elbow jab to the ribs does the trick!  ::)
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

foxandpeng

"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

André

Quote from: aligreto on May 23, 2021, 07:52:23 AM
Welcome aboard. You are very welcome. I see that you are already actively contributing which is great  :)

+1. Keep these posts coming !

:)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: foxandpeng on June 02, 2021, 03:41:38 PM
Hello  :)
By the way, that's a lovely watercolor (your avatar)!  May I ask who painted that?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

foxandpeng

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on June 03, 2021, 04:31:40 AM
By the way, that's a lovely watercolor (your avatar)!  May I ask who painted that?

PD

Hi PD :)

It is! Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine :) Nabbed and appropriated from an ancient internet search for 'fox pics' to front social media accounts.

;D
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: foxandpeng on June 03, 2021, 04:48:46 AM
Hi PD :)

It is! Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine :) Nabbed and appropriated from an ancient internet search for 'fox pics' to front social media accounts.

;D
Oh, well.  I tried googling the image with no luck.  The style made me think that perhaps it was from an old children's storybook.  I do love foxes and was delighted when I saw one in my neighborhood a few weeks ago....a very pretty red and white one.  Wondering if it has a den nearby?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

foxandpeng

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on June 03, 2021, 05:31:49 AM
Oh, well.  I tried googling the image with no luck.  The style made me think that perhaps it was from an old children's storybook.  I do love foxes and was delighted when I saw one in my neighborhood a few weeks ago....a very pretty red and white one.  Wondering if it has a den nearby?

PD

Tremendous creatures. We have them in abundance out here in the UK Cheshire countryside. Hopefully you will get to enjoy a few more sightings over the summer period, perhaps with little ones too!

Tolstoy

aligreto

Quote from: foxandpeng on June 03, 2021, 05:58:43 AM
Tremendous creatures. We have them in abundance out here in the UK Cheshire countryside. Hopefully you will get to enjoy a few more sightings over the summer period, perhaps with little ones too!

I leave food out every night for one here in the suburbs of the capital city of my country.

foxandpeng

Quote from: aligreto on June 03, 2021, 11:05:37 AM
I leave food out every night for one here in the suburbs of the capital city of my country.

Some folk here would hate that, particularly in urban areas, but here in the countryside all is good. We see lots, thankfully. And badgers. And hedgehogs 🙂

Tolstoy

aligreto

Quote from: foxandpeng on June 03, 2021, 11:40:04 AM
Some folk here would hate that, particularly in urban areas, but here in the countryside all is good. We see lots, thankfully. And badgers. And hedgehogs 🙂

I stumbled across a badger on a walk only the other evening not very far from my house  8)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: foxandpeng on June 03, 2021, 11:40:04 AM

Quote from: aligreto on June 03, 2021, 02:11:11 PM
I stumbled across a badger on a walk only the other evening not very far from my house  8)
Neat!  Would love to see badgers and hedgehogs.  :)

Foxandpeng,

I had some luck with your avatar (curiosity got the better of me).  Check out here:  http://www.zackrock.com/blog/2010/02/01/the-thoughtful-fox/  He's a contemporary American illustrator.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter