Are the aliens here?

Started by milk, May 25, 2021, 06:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irons

Quote from: milk on May 25, 2021, 06:58:30 AM
Seriously, are they?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/05/23/ufo-report-sightings-search/

https://youtube.com/v/Sz-6jRrbtuI

A late friend was employed by the British Ministry of Defence. Who in turn was a work colleague of Nick Pope who was the head of the MOD UFO section  - YES! It is taken seriously at Government level. Pope has written extensively on the subject and through him I heard the Barack Obama administration took the existence of UFO's very seriously indeed.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160322-my-time-as-a-ufo-investigator-for-the-government
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

MusicTurner

No matter what, it seems likely that the basic question about the possible existence of life elsewhere in space, in one form or another, will be answered within 2-3 decades, due to the advances in science  ...

Mirror Image

The short answer: no. The longer answer: I believe that if life existed within our universe, then all would be revealed by God. Flying saucers, green-skinned creatures and laser guns are nothing but a figment of man's imagination, but, of course, many would argue that God is a figment of man's imagination. But, I believe within my own heart that the answers as to whether intelligent life exists outside of our planet will never be revealed and all we have is speculation and heavily edited video surveillance that offers no proof other than what one can do creatively with video.

relm1

The short answer: no. The longer answer: for the one millionth time, no.    What do you think this picture is of?

greg

Yeah, just me, though. Sorry, my planet blew up.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Symphonic Addict

I don't discard any possibility. In fact, I'm very open mind with this intriguing yet fascinating topic. However, it doesn't mean I'm gonna believe everything about it. Also, the mere idea about this planet is the only one with life in the entire galaxy or universe is just silly and egotistical. If they have ever lived among us, they certainly have done it quite good to hide the real evidence, whether with the help of governments or not.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

milk

Quote from: Irons on May 25, 2021, 07:37:14 AM
A late friend was employed by the British Ministry of Defence. Who in turn was a work colleague of Nick Pope who was the head of the MOD UFO section  - YES! It is taken seriously at Government level. Pope has written extensively on the subject and through him I heard the Barack Obama administration took the existence of UFO's very seriously indeed.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160322-my-time-as-a-ufo-investigator-for-the-government
I was a little disappointed by this article. There's got to be more that they're not saying. Why is the military suddenly leaking stuff? It just seems strange. BTW: I did have a UFO experience of my own when I was in my 20s. I was with 3 friends and we still talk about it. It was in Rockland County New York. 

steve ridgway

Quote from: relm1 on May 25, 2021, 05:40:39 PM
The short answer: no. The longer answer: for the one millionth time, no.    What do you think this picture is of?

Venus?

relm1

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 25, 2021, 10:08:52 PM
Venus?

Good guess.  It's a star with a bahtinov mask used as a filter to help focus.  Stars are very hard to focus because they have to be focused manually and what the camera measures as infinity is about 50 feet and beyond, rather than focusing on a tight point of light.  So this mask helps align the rays indicating the object is in focus.  I bring it up because this shows how lenses with obstructions distort the light pattern.  In the video OP posted, there is an obvious airplane with strobe light patterns though out of focus and distorted with a foreground obstruction - might not be a mask, but an object either on the lens that the light takes on its shape when out of focus or something in foreground.  This would be much easier to know if the publisher of the video included specific details like date, time, location but they aren't interested in being open but rather pushing an agenda.  This is absolutely true with Jeremy Corbell leaks that include the video from OP, the horrible Bob Lazar documentary, etc.  This is very, very misleading leaks giving false impressions by hiding important details intentionally.  All the leaks recently are for specific reasons rather than mounting evidence and all came from the same few sources.  None of the videos are that compelling with multiple mundane explanations possibly explaining each of them (though not the same explanation for all of them). 

drogulus

Go Here

When it comes to the reality that drones and balloons appear to be the origin of many of these sightings, I wish it wasn't the case. I would rather have all this be some huge revelation for mankind instead of having to come to terms with the fact that at least one of our adversaries, and possibly two, have played our own cultural norms against us and have executed what may be among the most successful and ingenious intelligence-gathering plays of all time. Meanwhile, it seems that the DoD is either incapable of identifying and evaluating what should no longer be considered an emerging threat—swarming drones and radar target balloons—or they are playing along by acting like they do not know, which could be the case for a number of reasons.

First of all, it's not the Navy's job to protect America's sovereign airspace, it is the Air Force's. That service will say next to nothing about any of this, even when asked very specific questions. Why? Well, at least when it comes to the drone threat, they really don't have the ability to defend against it and have clearly failed in doing so thus far. In fact, if unidentified flying craft are hanging out off of our coasts, why haven't alert fighters scrambled to investigate them repeatedly? Their crews are the ones specially trained and equipped to do so. Maybe they were and we just haven't heard about it, but if it was happening all the time, I find that doubtful. And yes, they do scramble on 'UFOs,' as we exclusively discovered a few years ago.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

greg

Antigravity technology seems to be a big part of the discussion now with this stuff. There's Bob Lazar's claims, the story of Ning Li and her disappearance, and the inexplicable movements of the UFOs.

So there is an idea that parts of the US military are so secretive that the other parts of the military, and rest of the government, have no idea what they are secretly working on. Would be interesting if true, though would rather that the US be the only ones with that technology at the moment.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

MusicTurner

Corbell release of video allegedly from USS Omaha radar room 2019, with possibly 9 or 14 UFOs, is the new story these days. Another recent Corbell video was confirmed as authentic by the Pentagon.

We'll see ...

david johnson

We debate that question often up here on Mars...

relm1

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 28, 2021, 11:19:43 PM
Corbell release of video allegedly from USS Omaha radar room 2019, with possibly 9 or 14 UFOs, is the new story these days. Another recent Corbell video was confirmed as authentic by the Pentagon.

We'll see ...

But they are of nothing interesting.  He's milking this for his personal cash flow.  No doubt he has many more edited videos that will drip out because an investigator with poor investigative skills leaked it to him. 

Compare the pyramid ufo he leaked last month and what anyone with a camera and flight experience knew, it's an out of focus plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r2oaQWmqkk

The reason I'm anti conspiracy theorist (like Corbell) is that it is very, very easy for them to release misleading or incomplete videos and just "put it out there" claiming no expertise and takes quite a bit of time to debunk it.  They spread falsehood much faster without an ounce of responsibility for their poor reasoning or rational skepticism and masquerade the volume of misinformation as evidence.  It's very disingenuous and the guy is a con artist.

MusicTurner

That one has surely been debunked.

drogulus

Why would aliens express such an interest in the USAF bases, nuclear power plants and Atlantic and Pacific zones where the US Navy conducts its exercises?

Government officials and others who have a clue might prefer the space alien story for public consumption to reduce pressure to answer tough questions about drones and radar reflectors near the most sensitive sites in the US. It does no harm for Obama to wonder about what these objects are. He's wondering, so he doesn't have to be forthcoming about what he knows, because he doesn't seem to know. OK, that's kind of by the book. I'd do that, and most people would, I suppose. I wonder, though, if there's genuine ignorance underneath. Do we actually not know what these objects are? The Air Force is the institution that knows the most, and they say nothing. I hope it's not because they don't want to admit they don't have effective countermeasures.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

BasilValentine

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on May 25, 2021, 07:02:20 PM
I don't discard any possibility. In fact, I'm very open mind with this intriguing yet fascinating topic. However, it doesn't mean I'm gonna believe everything about it. Also, the mere idea about this planet is the only one with life in the entire galaxy or universe is just silly and egotistical. If they have ever lived among us, they certainly have done it quite good to hide the real evidence, whether with the help of governments or not.

We haven't ruled out the present, let alone the past existence of extraterrestrial life in our solar system. It's commonly accepted that clear evidence of life on Mars or one of the moons of Jupiter, for example, would all but guarantee that life is commonplace throughout the universe. Two here pretty much means ubiquity on the grand scale. So local exploration can pretty much put this question to bed. Not to mention that the eventual launch of the Webb telescope will enable the spectroscopic analysis of the atmospheres of nearby exoplanets, meaning perhaps finding signs of life across light years.

relm1

Quote from: drogulus on May 29, 2021, 10:34:11 AM
     Why would aliens express such an interest in the USAF bases, nuclear power plants and Atlantic and Pacific zones where the US Navy conducts its exercises?

Government officials and others who have a clue might prefer the space alien story for public consumption to reduce pressure to answer tough questions about drones and radar reflectors near the most sensitive sites in the US. It does no harm for Obama to wonder about what these objects are. He's wondering, so he doesn't have to be forthcoming about what he knows, because he doesn't seem to know. OK, that's kind of by the book. I'd do that, and most people would, I suppose. I wonder, though, if there's genuine ignorance underneath. Do we actually not know what these objects are? The Air Force is the institution that knows the most, and they say nothing. I hope it's not because they don't want to admit they don't have effective countermeasures.

One other thing, Southern California where these events happened is full of not only military but restricted space for tests and training for the military.  One of the three locations in the US that launches rockets is 80 miles north at Vandenberg Air force Base and they frequently don't announce launches if they are military/spy cargo and fly overhead.  At the right time, just before dusk or predawn, they are a huge source of UFO sightings when people see strange lights and objects in the sky.  Second, the area of these sightings is near San Gabriel Island - an island used exclusively by the Navy and even has experimental drone research and training from there.  How coincidental that all these sightings are around 20 miles of San Gabriel Island.  I'm a local pilot and skipper to these waters and often hear on the radio the Navy tell a boater to leave an area due to an active naval training underway. 

I watched this spectacular dawn launch from my room 80 miles south of where it happened.  Tons of UFO sightings were on the news.  I can imagine many of these Corbell videos are simply military tests or private drones that fail to file the proper paper work or are not public even classified to military.  These objects don't do anything unusual.  The latest Corbell video, the radar indicates four low flying objects with a speed between 50 and 138 knots and even there, there is debate if the radar operators say "138" or "38" - it's a bit garbled and hard to hear and cleverly, corbell's video release intentionally doesn't show the radar readout so you only see the objects not the details.  Very, very mundane speeds. 

Mirror Image

It's amazing what photoshop can do.