Alan Rawsthorne

Started by tjguitar, May 07, 2007, 09:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on November 07, 2019, 07:10:17 AM
My pleasure Lol. I think that you have to write in but not sure what the situation is now as I'm talking about many years ago. We got in through my uncle, who once asked Sir Arthur Bliss (the President of the PRS) for his autograph, whilst standing next to him in a urinal. Sir Arthur replied 'Yes, certainly - as soon as I get my hands free old boy'.

Nice story to be able to tell ;D

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on November 10, 2019, 06:48:08 AM
Nice story to be able to tell ;D

Definitely! Glad you liked it Fergus. My uncle certainly enjoyed telling my brother and I about his experience with the Master of the Queen's Musick!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Enjoyed this nice recording this weekend. Cool music.

P.s. It appears that the fine disc of the PCs by Yuasa/Donohoe has not been discussed. So adding a pic.

Irons

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on May 30, 2021, 05:20:22 PM
Enjoyed this nice recording this weekend. Cool music.

P.s. It appears that the fine disc of the PCs by Yuasa/Donohoe has not been discussed. So adding a pic.

It has, but not here. The Constant Lambert Improvisations is a cracker which I went overboard with praise (nothing wrong with that, I liked it!) :D
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on May 31, 2021, 06:45:40 AM
It has, but not here. The Constant Lambert Improvisations is a cracker which I went overboard with praise (nothing wrong with that, I liked it!) :D
+1 it's a lovely disc.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).