The Back Room > The Diner

UEFA Euro 2020

<< < (2/36) > >>

Irons:

--- Quote from: MusicTurner on June 12, 2021, 11:39:23 PM ---Probably, but actually some named elite players experiencing that are still playing. The game itself was not very good.

--- End quote ---

The same thing occurred nine years ago at a Spurs v Bolton game. A Bolton player "died" on the pitch. He survived, in fact sent a message to Erickson yesterday. He never played again.

Irons:
Enjoyed Scotland v Czech Republic hard fought game. Class told in the end and the Czech second goal scored from the halfway line must be the goal of the tournament no matter what comes further down the line.

vandermolen:
I seem to have started an alternative thread  - so, please ignore (which everyone has anyway  ;D)
Here is my original post:

I was pleasantly surprised to watch England beat Croatia 1-0 this afternoon, although everything has been rather overshadowed by one of the Danish team (Christian Eriksen) collapsing on the pitch, during their match with Finland, and having to be resuscitated following an apparent heart attack. Thank goodness he has survived. Whilst this terrible event was going on on the pitch it was moving to see the other Danish team members forming a protective ring around Eriksen and both the Danish and Finnish fans chanting his name. Football can often bring out the worst in human nature (sadly often involving England fans), but this demonstrated the best.

Irons:

--- Quote from: vandermolen on June 15, 2021, 05:22:44 AM ---I seem to have started an alternative thread  - so, please ignore (which everyone has anyway  ;D)
Here is my original post:

I was pleasantly surprised to watch England beat Croatia 1-0 this afternoon, although everything has been rather overshadowed by one of the Danish team (Christian Eriksen) collapsing on the pitch, during their match with Finland, and having to be resuscitated following an apparent heart attack. Thank goodness he has survived. Whilst this terrible event was going on on the pitch it was moving to see the other Danish team members forming a protective ring around Eriksen and both the Danish and Finnish fans chanting his name. Football can often bring out the worst in human nature (sadly often involving England fans), but this demonstrated the best.

--- End quote ---

I did not watch the match but there has been some controversy of the BBC coverage of Eriksen's collapse. I understand the excellent pundit Ian Wright who was covering the game was angry at images being televised and said "move to studio FFS!". The BBC later claimed they had no control over what was televised as it is shared from source over Europe. I thought it odd but accepted this as true. Listening to a West Ham podcast today an Irish Hammer who lives in Denmark said the coverage was cut on Danish TV immediately it was realised a distressing event was occurring. It should not need the Danish players to make a human shield to protect Eriksen from the prying eyes of the world.   

vandermolen:

--- Quote from: Irons on June 15, 2021, 05:56:49 AM ---I did not watch the match but there has been some controversy of the BBC coverage of Eriksen's collapse. I understand the excellent pundit Ian Wright who was covering the game was angry at images being televised and said "move to studio FFS!". The BBC later claimed they had no control over what was televised as it is shared from source over Europe. I thought it odd but accepted this as true. Listening to a West Ham podcast today an Irish Hammer who lives in Denmark said the coverage was cut on Danish TV immediately it was realised a distressing event was occurring. It should not need the Danish players to make a human shield to protect Eriksen from the prying eyes of the world.

--- End quote ---
V good point Lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version