What Are Your Favorite Snack Foods?

Started by Mirror Image, July 30, 2021, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on October 01, 2021, 07:27:09 AM
They are, but I looked at the content, and wouldn't call them particularly healthy ... ;)
I was wondering what the calorie (plus sugar content) was....

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

The declaration says, per 100 g

Energy 1577 kJ / 377 kcal /Fat 17 g /Carbohydrates 60 g of which sugar 39 g /Fibres 2,7 g /Protein 8,9 g /Salt 0,4 g

I'm more concerned about the actual ingredients though, where a few seem rather artificial.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on October 01, 2021, 07:49:14 AM
The declaration says, per 100 g

Energy 1577 kJ / 377 kcal /Fat 17 g /Carbohydrates 60 g of which sugar 39 g /Fibres 2,7 g /Protein 8,9 g /Salt 0,4 g

I'm more concerned about the actual ingredients though, where a few seem rather artificial.

Well, perhaps save them as a snacking treat when out cycling?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

71 dB

I'd eat snacks all the time if they were healthy, but since they are not, I don't eat them very often. When I do, I select products such as:

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: 71 dB on October 01, 2021, 08:01:40 AM
I'd eat snacks all the time if they were healthy, but since they are not, I don't eat them very often. When I do, I select products such as:
I probably had too many potato chips this summer as I was cooking hamburgers fairly often--and well, you just have to have potato chips when you have a hamburger (at least at home).  :-[

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

71 dB

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 01, 2021, 08:06:20 AM
I probably had too many potato chips this summer as I was cooking hamburgers fairly often--and well, you just have to have potato chips when you have a hamburger (at least at home).  :-[

PD

Potato chips with hamburger? I guess it could work, but I always have French fries with hamburger. That said, I never eat hamburgers home. I go to Hesburger (McDonald's of Finland, only better  0:) ), but that doesn't happen very often either and because of corona I haven't eaten a hamburger or French fries for about 2 years!  :P
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: 71 dB on October 01, 2021, 08:21:22 AM
Potato chips with hamburger? I guess it could work, but I always have French fries with hamburger. That said, I never eat hamburgers home. I go to Hesburger (McDonald's of Finland, only better  0:) ), but that doesn't happen very often either and because of corona I haven't eaten a hamburger or French fries for about 2 years!  :P
Yes, fries are also great to have with a hamburger.  Sweet potato fries are a particular treat for me.

Not too bad on the diet to have an occasional burger--particularly if you have it with some summer vine-ripened tomatoes and lettuce.   :)  By the way, cast-iron skillets work great for burgers if you don't feel like firing up a grill.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

mahler10th

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 01, 2021, 06:00:58 AM
Do you like to put anything on them John?  And/or a favorite beverage with them?
I did used to love making oatmeal and raisin scones....yum!  Though I'm sure that they weren't nearly as healthy as yours!
PD
p.s.  Wish that I could find that recipe....no idea what happened to it.  :(

Oatcakes with extra mature cheese.   :P

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter