What Are Your Favorite Snack Foods?

Started by Mirror Image, July 30, 2021, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Okay, I'll admit, I'm snack food addict. Don't worry I'm getting help for it. :P But, in the meantime, please tell us your favorite snack foods. Inquiring minds want to know.

A long-standing favorite of mine: Mama Geraldine's cheese straws -

DavidW

Popcorn cooked with peanut oil for yumminess.

For getting me re-energized hardboiled eggs.

Ganondorf

DavidW

Quote from: Ganondorf on July 30, 2021, 08:16:09 AM
BBQ flavored potato chips  >:D

Given your location I thought you would say lutefisk! :D

Artem

Pohjolas Daughter

Haven't heard of Mama Geraldine's products before but they sound nice.

I try to not buy a lot of junk food.  There's a type of popcorn that I like though that has nutritional yeast and other things in it that I like....trying to think of the brand.  Tasty, but rather messy to eat.

Lately, various potato chips when I cook a hamburger...ah, summertime!  :)  Also, sometimes make nachos with leftover roast chicken (or poached, etc.) with a decent amount of cheese, avocados, salsa, either sour cream or Greek yogurt...often with jalapeños and scallions...sometimes either without chicken and with refried black beans instead or in addition to.  Trying to keep it somewhat healthy.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

steve ridgway

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

greg

I've loved these the most since I was little:

Recent loves:

Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

André Le Nôtre

Quote from: Mandryka on July 31, 2021, 04:59:31 AM
Almonds

My upper left wisdom tooth (RIP 2013) would disagree with your choice.

I can never resist taking a square or two of dark chocolate whenever I'm in the vicinity of the kitchen: Villars, Valrhona, Perugina, TCHO are all on my list. Cashews are not bad... In my defense, I'm not fat or even pre-diabetic.

T. D.

Quote from: Mandryka on July 31, 2021, 04:59:31 AM
Almonds

+1

I've really cleaned up the diet over the years and almonds, which I eat almost every day, are by far the preferred snack food.
I like potato chips /crisps but seldom partake, mainly in the summer after exercise when I'm a little dehydrated and need salt. I loved potato chips back in the days when I ran marathons; apparently they're big with ultramarathoners, who often eat them during races!
The chips I mostly go for now are the "blue corn tortilla" variety, usually salt-free. 

Artem

I would take cashews over almonds any day, personally.

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 31, 2021, 04:11:10 AM
Cheese....yuuuuummmmm!
Yes, indeed - I have one of those Dutch cheese slice things which allows me to cut a thin slice of cheese. The problem is that I can work myself through the whole cheese that way!  :o ??? ::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mandryka

A mixture of walnuts and dried apricots.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on August 01, 2021, 02:30:45 AM
Yes, indeed - I have one of those Dutch cheese slice things which allows me to cut a thin slice of cheese. The problem is that I can work myself through the whole cheese that way!  :o ??? ::)
Do you have it with crackers or fruit Jeffrey?

Love almonds too.  I sporadically eat them (try to be good and eat the plain, raw and unsalted type--don't taste nearly as good as the opposite, but when I'm trying to be ultra healthy...).

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Artem on July 31, 2021, 11:21:47 PM
I would take cashews over almonds any day, personally.

And I would take pistachios over cashews and almonds. :)

greg

It's not a snack... but anyone try this one?

It's been nearly two years since I first started seeing this, and has become my favorite frozen meal of all time. I'm still buying one every single week.

It combines all the best stuff together, and it goes well together. Creamy cheese, spice, meat, and seasonings.

Considering hot wings are my favorite food, and mac and cheese is probably in the top 5, the result is a winner.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 01, 2021, 07:41:59 AM
And I would take pistachios over cashews and almonds. :)
Postachios are wonderful!  I had some roasted and salted one last night.  :)

I'd like to try making jalapeño poppers sometime; only had them once, but yum!  I'm growing one jalapeño plant, probably won't be enough for this....or perhaps a tiny batch?

Quote from: greg on August 01, 2021, 12:48:51 PM
It's not a snack... but anyone try this one?

It's been nearly two years since I first started seeing this, and has become my favorite frozen meal of all time. I'm still buying one every single week.

It combines all the best stuff together, and it goes well together. Creamy cheese, spice, meat, and seasonings.

Considering hot wings are my favorite food, and mac and cheese is probably in the top 5, the result is a winner.
Mac 'n cheese is a guilty favorite.  Don't have it often, but do enjoy it.  Found a recipe recently for a slightly healthier version which I intend to try this week (though I'll be using whole milk).  It calls for 2% milk and a 2-1 ratio of cauliflower to pasta to make it a bit healthier.  I'll provide a link to it...once I find it again!  ::)

Your pre-made dish sounds yummy though I wonder what the salt, sugar and fat levels are like and how much 'strange' (meaning not natural) ingredients they put into it?  I do enjoy Buffalo wings though rarely eat them by the way.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter