Announcements > Introductions

New Member - from Canada

<< < (3/3)

HomerChapman:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on July 31, 2021, 05:52:38 AM ---Welcome aboard, Homer! Your avatar looks familiar from another forum --- perhaps the Steve Hoffman forum? Anyway, who are some of your favorite composers? Looking forward to seeing you around and feel free to jump right into a thread of your interest.

--- End quote ---
Some of my favourites are Haydn(who I put on the cd player esp. when I need to believe that 'everything is all right with the world'), Wagner-hope to appreciate the more vocal aspects of his work eventually, for now, his Overture to The Flying Dutchman is near the top of things I like by him. I have a few of the Tallis Scholars' cds, and find that kind of polyphony very attractive. Vaughan Williams, though, is probably my favourite composer. Mostly for the pieces where he embeds folk music and captivating tunes into the fabric- ie In The Fen Country. I find his symphonies a little harder to warm up to. There are others, of course.
Thanx to all for the welcomes.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: HomerChapman on August 01, 2021, 05:55:38 PM ---Some of my favourites are Haydn(who I put on the cd player esp. when I need to believe that 'everything is all right with the world'), Wagner-hope to appreciate the more vocal aspects of his work eventually, for now, his Overture to The Flying Dutchman is near the top of things I like by him. I have a few of the Tallis Scholars' cds, and find that kind of polyphony very attractive. Vaughan Williams, though, is probably my favourite composer. Mostly for the pieces where he embeds folk music and captivating tunes into the fabric- ie In The Fen Country. I find his symphonies a little harder to warm up to. There are others, of course.

--- End quote ---

8) I hope you enjoy your time here.

foxandpeng:
Welcome, indeed. I am also a fan of RVW :)

As far as expertise is concerned, if you turned off the light, I broadly couldn't find my butt with both hands, but I love the music and appreciate the patience shown to me here. Doubtless you will find lots of fascinating discussion to read and join in with.

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: HomerChapman on August 01, 2021, 05:55:38 PM ---Some of my favourites are Haydn(who I put on the cd player esp. when I need to believe that 'everything is all right with the world'), Wagner-hope to appreciate the more vocal aspects of his work eventually, for now, his Overture to The Flying Dutchman is near the top of things I like by him. I have a few of the Tallis Scholars' cds, and find that kind of polyphony very attractive. Vaughan Williams, though, is probably my favourite composer. Mostly for the pieces where he embeds folk music and captivating tunes into the fabric- ie In The Fen Country. I find his symphonies a little harder to warm up to. There are others, of course.

--- End quote ---

Huge Haydn fan, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version