Extremely loud Organ works that is slow and grinding

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, August 29, 2021, 03:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

We all know J.s Bach achievement, Max Reger, Olivier Messiaen, Jon Leifs organ works were powerfull, but what is probably the uttermost loud organ work  ever done ever before and after, I want to hear Doom genre  before Doom-metal, in Organ of baroque or Modern that is threatening almost mental, like it's so powerfull it's spooky, I want my corpse to be shredded by massive slow grinding organ works, the is at a speed limit of a Burgundy snail.

What are the extremists of Organ beside the four name I mentioned, what is slow doomy and powerfull beyond words, something far out crazy in dynamic?

I'm ashamed of my poor knowledge in Organ works and C.M that grind there Organ so hard they would break notes, keys, Organ so extreme it's scary?

Mandryka

Messiaen Livre du Saint Sacrément, Radulescu Amen op 88

Comment ça se dit en français, grinding?
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Mandryka on August 30, 2021, 04:17:52 AM
Messiaen Livre du Saint Sacrément, Radulescu Amen op 88

Comment ça se dit en français, grinding? =Broyer

Mandryka

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Mandryka on August 30, 2021, 05:39:00 AM
On peut dire de la musique broyante?

Oui Messire mandryka en effet, I would like to point out Jon Leifs has organ  that is totally brutal and grinding (Broyante). Jon Leifs was one of the last remaining vikings (joke  :laugh: ), I am pretty sure, the intensity is beyond word, Thanks for subjections mandryka did not knew these works of Messiaen and Radulescu(a stranger to me) great discovery my Japanese good friend try to play Messiaen this perticular Organ work and said it was real difficult to play, he a piano teacher, so I take for granted it most be hard to play.

steve ridgway

Ligeti's Volumina actually broke an organ - overloaded the metal contacts and smoke poured out. :o

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: steve ridgway on August 30, 2021, 08:34:37 AM
Ligeti's Volumina actually broke an organ - overloaded the metal contacts and smoke poured out. :o
Now that cool in a way has far has extreme  goes thanks Steve ridgway

Mandryka

premont

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: (: premont :) on August 30, 2021, 12:17:07 PM
Ascendo ad Patrem meum X Vocibus by Arnolt Schlick (c.1466–1521)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQjtAXr1XM

Thanks guys for sharing love Volumia and Arnolt Schlick is one of my favorite early Organist, have him on my awesome Gombert LP Music of Charles V, on B side, this is an amazing vinyl.

71 dB

Intestine organs can sometimes be f a r too loud!
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

premont

Quote from: deprofundis on August 30, 2021, 12:38:41 PM
Thanks guys for sharing love Volumia and Arnolt Schlick is one of my favorite early Organist, have him on my awesome Gombert LP Music of Charles V, on B side, this is an amazing vinyl.

Yes, Pierre Froidebise (1914 - 1962) was a pioneer. He plays the "Ascendo" piece on the recording you mention.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

steve ridgway

Quote from: deprofundis on August 30, 2021, 12:38:41 PM
Thanks guys for sharing love Volumina.

Glad you liked it. You might try Kagel's Improvisation ajoutée.

https://www.youtube.com/v/lrl6xHIJR0A
[/quote]

steve ridgway

steve ridgway