The Music Room > Composing and Performing

Archaic Torso, Novelist

<< < (3/3)

Archaic Torso of Apollo:
I got a great endorsement! Joshua Cohen is one of America's foremost young novelists (check out his latest book The Netanyahus, it's creating quite a buzz). He's now provided a blurb for my book, which you can see on the Amazon page, but I'll reproduce it here:

"Future humans will almost surely elide the brief interregnum between the fall of the Soviet Union and the rise of the Internet, but then nobody ever much respected the 1990s -- and the 1990s never much cared. Scott Spires did, however -- and, belying all hackneyed notions of slackerdom, wrote this heartfelt and headstrong book, a masterly novel of how it felt to have friends, love, and work in the last decade that could ever be lost, when time was not to be managed but wasted, and irony was not a pose but a mode of compassion."

Here's hoping reviews will start appearing soon. Hey, I'm working on it...

k a rl h e nn i ng:
Congrats! More success to you!

T. D.:
Congratulations and best wishes!
Read the "Look Inside" pages on Amazon and enjoyed the work, will check out the whole book.
I grew up in the Chicago area, and the realistic portrayal brought back a lot of memories! (For instance, I really miss the Chicago Reader, fantastic paper)

Archaic Torso of Apollo:

--- Quote from: T. D. on October 19, 2021, 07:25:26 PM ---Congratulations and best wishes!
Read the "Look Inside" pages on Amazon and enjoyed the work, will check out the whole book.
I grew up in the Chicago area, and the realistic portrayal brought back a lot of memories! (For instance, I really miss the Chicago Reader, fantastic paper)

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I actually wrote an article for the Reader once - on the subject of New Urbanism, which is a topic that influenced me while I was writing the book.

Pohjolas Daughter:

--- Quote from: Archaic Torso of Apollo on October 19, 2021, 06:43:43 PM ---I got a great endorsement! Joshua Cohen is one of America's foremost young novelists (check out his latest book The Netanyahus, it's creating quite a buzz). He's now provided a blurb for my book, which you can see on the Amazon page, but I'll reproduce it here:

"Future humans will almost surely elide the brief interregnum between the fall of the Soviet Union and the rise of the Internet, but then nobody ever much respected the 1990s -- and the 1990s never much cared. Scott Spires did, however -- and, belying all hackneyed notions of slackerdom, wrote this heartfelt and headstrong book, a masterly novel of how it felt to have friends, love, and work in the last decade that could ever be lost, when time was not to be managed but wasted, and irony was not a pose but a mode of compassion."

Here's hoping reviews will start appearing soon. Hey, I'm working on it...

--- End quote ---
Excellent!  Fingers crossed for you.

PD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version