The Music Room > Composing and Performing

Archaic Torso, Novelist

<< < (2/3) > >>

Archaic Torso of Apollo:

--- Quote from: Jo498 on September 26, 2021, 10:15:07 PM --- I hope you have embedded this ironically not to you appear utterly pretentious with such words.

--- End quote ---

You'll have to read it to find out!

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: Archaic Torso of Apollo on September 27, 2021, 05:48:31 AM ---You'll have to read it to find out!

--- End quote ---

Well played, sieur!

Iota:

--- Quote from: Archaic Torso of Apollo on September 26, 2021, 05:56:40 AM ---My novel Abandon All Hope - part workplace satire, part novel of ideas, part Chicago urban/suburban novel – has just been published by Auctus Publishers, a Philadelphia-based small press.

--- End quote ---

Congratulations!

--- Quote from: Archaic Torso of Apollo on September 26, 2021, 05:56:40 AM ---Why post about it here? Because the story contains a lot of musical references, both classical and non-classical. (Hey, there probably aren’t a lot of novels which use the word Klangfarbenmelodie.)

--- End quote ---

Can't swear to it, but the excellent Orfeo by Richard Powers is in with a strong chance. I've never read a novel with anything like the amount of knowledgeable musical analysis he weaves into the story.

Archaic Torso of Apollo:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 26, 2021, 09:49:23 AM ---+ 1
I'm in for the Kindle edition!

--- End quote ---

The Kindle edition is now up, at the above Amazon link (with the usual "Look Inside" function, so you can decide if you want to continue).

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: Archaic Torso of Apollo on October 10, 2021, 09:42:58 AM ---The Kindle edition is now up, at the above Amazon link (with the usual "Look Inside" function, so you can decide if you want to continue).

--- End quote ---

Much enjoyed the first chapter. Will certainly continue!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version