The Music Room > Composing and Performing

Classicalgeek's (Brannigan's) compositions

<< < (2/5) > >>

classicalgeek:

--- Quote from: krummholz on September 29, 2021, 07:17:37 PM ---Just listened to your Three Short Movements and liked it a lot! A charming trio of miniatures, very fresh and witty. The NP rendering sounds really good to my ears, very realistic and UNelectronic-sounding as far as the timbres go, and none of the timing issues ("bloopers") that plague my renderings involving solo strings. Maybe those issues are really limited to strings.

It's late so I'll listen to your other work tomorrow... and I'm looking forward to it!

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much for listening! I'm kind of fond of those pieces. I find the NP woodwind sound to be realistic, relatively speaking. I do find their strings sound a bit computerized - if you listen to my trumpet quintet, you'll hear some solo strings. I can't say I've had the same issues you've had, but maybe my ears just don't pick up on it! Again, thank you - I really appreciate you taking the time to listen!

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: classicalgeek on September 29, 2021, 08:30:28 PM ---I've played piano since I was 9, and I actually played the euphonium in high school, so I'm familiar with the brass family. I've never played strings or woodwind, though!

--- End quote ---

Quite tangentially, an old schoolmate of mine has a dream of playing the euphonium to cows.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: classicalgeek on September 29, 2021, 08:30:28 PM ---I've played piano since I was 9, and I actually played the euphonium in high school, so I'm familiar with the brass family. I've never played strings or woodwind, though!

--- End quote ---

Very nice, indeed. The euphonium is an unusual choice. You don't hear many people that say they play this instrument.

Iota:

--- Quote from: krummholz on September 29, 2021, 07:17:37 PM ---Just listened to your Three Short Movements and liked it a lot! A charming trio of miniatures, very fresh and witty.

--- End quote ---

As did I, and krummholz perfectly sums up my feelings too! Bravo, Classicalgeek!

Will listen to the other one another time.

classicalgeek:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 30, 2021, 04:40:01 AM ---Quite tangentially, an old schoolmate of mine has a dream of playing the euphonium to cows.

--- End quote ---

Ha! I wonder how the cows would react?

--- Quote ---Very nice, indeed. The euphonium is an unusual choice. You don't hear many people that say they play this instrument.

--- End quote ---

Well, I was interested in playing in concert band, and the band teacher suggested the euphonium since our band didn't have one. The school owned one, so he gave it to me over the summer along with a couple of method books, and I taught myself to play. Not too badly, I think - though my range stopped at about F4!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version