Your favourite members with whom to enjoy talking about classical music

Started by Symphonic Addict, October 07, 2021, 05:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphonic Addict

The members with whom you would like to talk about your favorite works and composers. According to my tastes, these would be in my very personal case. And why not to exchange some beers in the way  8) :D

If you want to explain why, you are free to do it, of course!

Jeffrey Davis
Kyle
John
André
Christo
J.Z. Herrenberg
Karl
aligreto
Brian
Peter (pjme)
Irons
Roasted Swan
Daverz/b]
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Well, thanks for the mention, Cesar. I'd love to talk with you as well! 8) We share many favorite composers. All of the people on your list I'd love to talk with about music for sure. I'll add a few more: OrchestralNut (Ray), Dancing Divertimentian, Classicalgeek, Madiel (he's not as ornery as he is online I'm sure ;) --- we'd have a great time chatting about Sibelius, Shostakovich and Dvořák) and vers la flamme (just as long as I don't ask him about Schnittke's film music ;D).

(poco) Sforzando

I am always happy to talk with anyone from this group, and over many years on forums of this type, I've talked music with quite a few members in person and over email. Long-timers will remember Steve Molino (Molman), with whom I still correspond regularly, and from the Classical Music Guide board, I was close friends with the late great Ralph Stein.

Several members I have met face-to-face include Karl Henning, Bruce Hodges (Brewski), and Brian Reinhart. Now that Karl has started occasional meetings over Zoom, I've met Vandermolen as well. I also feel warmly for various reasons towards Gurn, Archaic Torso, Mirror Image, Florestan, and more.
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

Irons

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 07, 2021, 05:26:53 PM
The members with whom you would like to talk about your favorite works and composers. According to my tastes, these would be in my very personal case. And why not to exchange some beers in the way  8) :D

If you want to explain why, you are free to do it, of course!

Jeffrey Davis
Kyle
John
André
Christo
J.Z. Herrenberg
Karl
aligreto
Brian
Peter (pjme)
Irons
Roasted Swan
Daverz/b]

Must admit being surprised making your list Cesar as my knowledge of the subject is way below the others. But thank you for doing so and I'm chuffed you did.
Jeffrey is my main inspiration as his tastes although broader are more closely aliened to mine. But quite honestly everyone! I find it immensely interesting reading from posters who actually compose, Karl and Kyle for example and who perform as Roasted Swan does. John, of course, is a font of knowledge and spends infinitely more time listening to music then I do. I don't wish to embarrass you Cesar, but love the enthusiasm and positivity of your posts. But as I say everyone.   
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Brahmsian

For me, there are really too many names to mention and I would feel bad to have omitted a name by accident.  :)

Carlo Gesualdo

Karl  seem quite honnest open book, what you hear is in all hommesty, mandryka for knowledge, QUE ,have plenty more but no memory any Deprofundis fan boy or lady here admiror out there who recongnise he a man of taste picky in his style and genra. Atrue passionated  :)