Thorvaldsdottir, Anna (1977 - )

Started by Brahmsian, October 12, 2021, 07:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 13, 2021, 08:25:09 AM
To my knowledge, there isn't a recording of Aion yet. Hopefully, there will be soon, though.
I wonder whether or not one of the orchestra's that she has performed this with might have it on their website?  The little bit that I saw of the combo dance version would be fascinating to watch too.   :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 13, 2021, 08:30:00 AM
I wonder whether or not one of the orchestra's that she has performed this with might have it on their website?  The little bit that I saw of the combo dance version would be fascinating to watch too.   :)

PD

I have no idea, but there's so much other music of hers that is released that this is my only focus when talking about Thorvaldsdottir. :)

Karl Henning

Quote from: OrchestralNut on October 12, 2021, 07:40:44 AM
Anna S. Þorvaldsdóttir is an Icelandic composer with atmospheric compositions, and her music is seeming to become more well known.

I had the great fortune of hearing her work, Metacosmos (2017) live performed at the 2019 Winnipeg New Music Festival, and it left a really great impression.

https://www.annathorvalds.com/

Nice piece.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: OrchestralNut on October 13, 2021, 07:10:08 AM
PD,

Do listen to Metacosmos, Aerialty and In The Light of Air. I think you would like those and these should be available on YouTube.

I will try to sample the ones you just mentioned.
Just listened to a concert recording of Metacosmos with Salonen in San Francisco....wow!  Loved it!  I hope that they make this live recording available on CD or download.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Brahmsian

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 20, 2022, 04:19:21 AM
Just listened to a concert recording of Metacosmos with Salonen in San Francisco....wow!  Loved it!  I hope that they make this live recording available on CD or download.

PD

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it PD!  :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter