Author Topic: Probably my darkest work yet  (Read 59 times)

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
Probably my darkest work yet
« on: January 23, 2022, 05:40:18 PM »
This is the ending of what is probably my darkest work.  Loud music warning.  It is a 25 minute symphonic poem.  Sort of like Tchaikovsky's Francesca da Rimini but without the romantic music. 

https://clyp.it/ovdkrvya

The general idea was composed in 2011.  I revised it in 2015 to a complete work but revisioned it just now in 2022 to this current form which is how I imagined it back in 2011.  It is very loud and very dark.  Definitely not for everyone. 

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 06:33:37 PM by relm1 »

Offline Symphonic Addict

• Veteran member
Re: Probably my darkest work yet
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 06:17:06 PM »
Turbulent indeed, and so atmospheric too. Man, this is loud!!! I must say I really liked this. Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever tried the option of composing a symphony of a considerable ambition? I'm quite sure you can create works like that.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Give us something else; give us something new; for Heaven's sake give us something bad, so long as we feel we are alive and active and not just passive admirers of tradition!

Carl Nielsen

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 06:35:11 PM »
Turbulent indeed, and so atmospheric too. Man, this is loud!!! I must say I really liked this. Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever tried the option of composing a symphony of a considerable ambition? I'm quite sure you can create works like that.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Thank you!  I posted excerpts of my Symphony No. 1 and No. 4 here.  but not the entire works because I'm not that great at mock ups. 

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:21:25 AM »
Sort of like Tchaikovsky's Francesca da Rimini but without the romantic music. 

IOW, sort of like Tchaikovsky but not Tchaikovsky at all.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo